Image manager not saving

Just tried to keyword, caption etc. photos and the save does not seem to work for me. It is impossible to get photos on sale. Is anyone else experiencing this or is it a local problem to my system?

Hi Joe,

I am a beginner in selling vectors, and so far I have not experienced any "save" problems in keywords, captions etc.  However, I constantly check my images (vectors), as one of them show it is "On Sale", while the others don't.  Yet, they all passed the quality control process, and show a "green bar", which has a status of "good discoverability".  Still, I am a little concerned (not so much), about my dashboard displaying all of pictures in "poor discoverability" status.  Since I just recently uploaded them two days ago, I will wait at least one more day to see if it changes.  Next, I don't know if it is just a slow thing or whatever you call it in the technical stuff, that it does not load or something else.  Finally, it seems to me that whether you are selling photography or illustrations (vectors), it is about either a technical issue from Alamy's system (most likely), or somehow your local system is not functioning right.  However, I am not an expert or professional, so you may want to contact Alamy.

Joe, I had a problem like that briefly yesterday, and it turned out I had lost my internet connection. It wasn't obvious, because the system still let me enter the information, and it even told me it was saving. The only disparity was that the save button wasn't grayed out after supposedly having saved like it usually is. So now I know to check my connection if that happens again.

• Like 1

Thank you both for your input and experiences. KHA, I experienced a similar problem which seems to be rectified now. Not sure whether the pending Windows update or VPN or another problem caused this, and may never know. As this problem does not seem to be widespread I presume it to be a local issue so you could be correct KHA. thanks again Joe

On 24/05/2019 at 20:21, jcampo said:

Hi Joe,

I am a beginner in selling vectors, and so far I have not experienced any "save" problems in keywords, captions etc.  However, I constantly check my images (vectors), as one of them show it is "On Sale", while the others don't.  Yet, they all passed the quality control process, and show a "green bar", which has a status of "good discoverability".  Still, I am a little concerned (not so much), about my dashboard displaying all of pictures in "poor discoverability" status.  Since I just recently uploaded them two days ago, I will wait at least one more day to see if it changes.  Next, I don't know if it is just a slow thing or whatever you call it in the technical stuff, that it does not load or something else.  Finally, it seems to me that whether you are selling photography or illustrations (vectors), it is about either a technical issue from Alamy's system (most likely), or somehow your local system is not functioning right.  However, I am not an expert or professional, so you may want to contact Alamy.

Please ignore the Discoverability bar. This subject has been addressed over and over, and trying to go “green” for fairly simple images will cause you to add tags that aren’t really concise and relevant. Those will cause your images to come up in searches where they shouldn’t, and will ultimately cause your images to fall back to more distant pages in the searches.

Just use tags that are clearly relevant to the image.

There are collections on Alamy that have no or very low percentages of images in the green, yet those people are selling well.

Betty

edited to add:The tags in your woman/water vector for example: “Illustrator cc 2019” “photography” and”fashion magazine” should not be there.

If I searched “photography” I would expect to see someone shooting a camera, or a camera on a tripod, or something similar. If I searched “fashion magazine”, I would expect to see an image of a true fashion magazine, or a person reading a fashion magazine.

And never use your program you create with as a tag. Not Alamy, not Photoshop, nor Lightroom, not Illustrator, not Adobe, not CC. If you shoot pictures, not the name of your camera, specs of your camera, or anything related like “photography, photographer, etc. 

Use literal tags, and concepts like happiness, anger, peaceful, love, companionship, etc.

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 1

Greetings Betty,

Thank you for the constructive feedback, I can now see what you mean by only using "literal" tags and concepts, but can I change that now even though they are already on sale? 

Kind Regards,

Javier

3 hours ago, jcampo said:

Greetings Betty,

Thank you for the constructive feedback, I can now see what you mean by only using "literal" tags and concepts, but can I change that now even though they are already on sale? 

Kind Regards,

Javier

Yes, I frequently alter my captions and keywords. It can be useful to look at your Alamy Measures to see if your images are coming up when they shouldn't.

Paulette

8 hours ago, jcampo said:

Greetings Betty,

Kind Regards,

Javier

As Paulette said, yes. In AIM, highlight the image you want to make changes to. Your keywords will be accessible to you then. Delete by clicking on the X in the corner. Be sure to hit “Save” when you’re done. Then it will take until the next update by the system before your changes take place, usually the next day.

Betty

Edited by Betty LaRue
Typo
  • Love 1