Request for portfolio review

pierre rochon

Hello Pierre

You have an excellent collection of images that I'm sure will sell well. A couple of thoughts though:

• with nearly 4000 images you should be able to add some additional tabs or categories like say by Country or buildings, or people? you can then send links for these individual pages or tabs to key users
  • within the tabs and even in your All Images tab you want to put your best foot forward so think about pushing your best work to the top of each page or tab. This also helps to show diversity in your portfolio

These portfolios are a WIP for all of us so no one has all of the answers on this topic but hopefully you will find the above helpful.

Stephen

Thank you Stephen,

I hadn't thought of adding categories to my portfolio, I'm still not very familiar with all its possibilities. But if I create categories or change the order of my images in the portfolio, how will this impact the results of a search made by a potential customer?

17 hours ago, Stephen Dwyer said:

Hello Pierre

You have an excellent collection of images that I'm sure will sell well. A couple of thoughts though:

• with nearly 4000 images you should be able to add some additional tabs or categories like say by Country or buildings, or people? you can then send links for these individual pages or tabs to key users
  • within the tabs and even in your All Images tab you want to put your best foot forward so think about pushing your best work to the top of each page or tab. This also helps to show diversity in your portfolio

These portfolios are a WIP for all of us so no one has all of the answers on this topic but hopefully you will find the above helpful.

Stephen

Do you actually find the profiles and categories that they added recently useful? 

8 hours ago, pierre rochon said:

Thank you Stephen,

I hadn't thought of adding categories to my portfolio, I'm still not very familiar with all its possibilities. But if I create categories or change the order of my images in the portfolio, how will this impact the results of a search made by a potential customer?

Hi Pierre

The short answer is no. Have a read of the Alamy post in this forum and it will help you "Modifying the image order within your Portfolio page will not influence where your images are placed within customer searches"

There is other useful info there as well on setting up your portfolio.

thanks

Stephen

1 hour ago, Matt Ashmore said:

Do you actually find the profiles and categories that they added recently useful? 

Hi Matt

I dont know yet and unless Alamy provide us with some tracking I'm not going to know. I don't have my own web site (probably should) so this is my default place to show off more of my work. I think it will also be handy to share work with clients. In terms of categories I have selected simple ones that fit my photos so lets see how things go. BTW the Bus Stops category i put up is really just for fun. I doubt there is a huge global market for images of lonely Australian bus stops!

On 19/03/2019 at 00:24, Matt Ashmore said:

Not yet... Until Alamy leads customers to our portfolios (following an image search) I probably won't be bothering to populate mine.

Mark

Archived