25 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Tough to argue with that.

However, every time I see an image license, I realize that there is always some little corner that hasn't been covered (or at least covered adequately).

Also, it's an expanding universe -- i.e. the very act of creating new images can create new demand.

True, but it's a pity the OP lost ten years of potentially good earnings.

53 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

True, but it's a pity the OP lost ten years of potentially good earnings.

Yes, that's a shame. He is very talented.

I made a similar mistake. I joined Alamy in 2003 but didn't start submitting until mid-2007 (long story). Prices were still good then, and I started making sales immediately. However, I have a feeling that I missed the real heyday. Oh well, too late now. 

On 1/28/2019 at 15:23, Sultanpepa said:

Beautiful images, but your keywording needs improving. Words like Olympus, Zuiko, microfourthirds, professional, ambassador, and nationalgeographic tell me nothing about the image of the cow I looked at. These keywords can only help to destroy your overall ranking as they're not relevant. Poor ranking means images may not be seen as most images tend to be sold from the first few hundred returned for a search. So to recap. Better captions, more relevant keywords, less similar images with increased diversity and increased portfolio size. Oh and don't get wrapped up in trying to get optimised discoverability, it just isn't necessary, keep the keywords relevant to the subject of the image. 

This. 

Archived