Hi from Western Canada

Sharon

I`ve got a few images uploaded and have been visiting the forums regularly, but have not said hello... so, Hello everyone.   I`m basically a nature photographer, but am interested in expanding my subject matter.  I understand that Alamy is basically an editorial stock company, so will need to listen and learn... or rather watch and learn from the rest of you.... Happy shooting. :)

3 hours ago, Sharon said:

I`ve got a few images uploaded and have been visiting the forums regularly, but have not said hello... so, Hello everyone.   I`m basically a nature photographer, but am interested in expanding my subject matter.  I understand that Alamy is basically an editorial stock company, so will need to listen and learn... or rather watch and learn from the rest of you.... Happy shooting. :)

Welcome and good luck from another denizen of Western Canada.

Hi Sharon

We are both lucky to live in one of the most diverse and beautiful  areas in the world!

As you already know, the best thread to learn what sells on Alamy is the Images Sold one. I only wish that Alamy would be more visible in Canada.

Maybe someday, who knows.

Good luck with your journey :)

Rick

On 1/26/2019 at 07:42, Rico said:

Hi Sharon

We are both lucky to live in one of the most diverse and beautiful  areas in the world!

As you already know, the best thread to learn what sells on Alamy is the Images Sold one. I only wish that Alamy would be more visible in Canada.

Maybe someday, who knows.

Good luck with your journey :)

Rick

I occasionally see Alamy credits in Canadian books. However, Canadian newspapers and other media seem to prefer another big stock aGency, which is too bad.

4 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

I occasionally see Alamy credits in Canadian books. However, Canadian newspapers and other media seem to prefer another big stock aGency, which is too bad.

I noticed on Sat. morn in the Vancouver Sun the big G was listed a few times.  As well as another one starting with B, but none for A.

1 hour ago, Liam Bunce said:

Welcome Sharon.

You have some great images, but if submitting flora/fauna it is best to include the Latin name as most buyers request it.

Liam

Hereford UK 

Thank you, Liam... great advice!

Archived