How to mark all images "exclusive"

Am I correct in understanding that after the new contract comes into effect, we will still be able to alter the "exclusive" status of an image if we decide to submit it to another agency?  That is to say, we can just un-tick the "Only available on Alamy" box at any time -- i.e. there are no imposed time limits?

Conversely, we will be able to make an image exclusive to Alamy at any time if we have it removed from another agency?

12 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Am I correct in understanding that after the new contract comes into effect, we will still be able to alter the "exclusive" status of an image if we decide to submit it to another agency?  That is to say, we can just un-tick the "Only available on Alamy" box at any time -- i.e. there are no imposed time limits?

Conversely, we will be able to make an image exclusive to Alamy at any time if we have it removed from another agency?

Provided it's no longer available on the other agency- ie. subject to the 6-month or whatever abeyance.

14 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Provided it's no longer available on the other agency- ie. subject to the 6-month or whatever abeyance.

So by the sounds of it,  the "Only available on Alamy" box won't be locked for any specified length of time once it has been checked. That would make things very inconvenient. I already see a lot of busy work in my immediate future...

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

This has been covered in the forum. Do a search.

Forgive me but that is hardly a helpful reply. I struggled to find the answer to this too. It might have been equally time effective for you to answer the question rather than rebuke the poster. Unlike you I only use the forum for specific help and information, so you have the advantage on us.

Just now, spacecadet said:

OP did his search, found his answer and said thankyou with a smiley.

He seems happy. I can live with that.

That's good to hear and thanks for the feedback. However this is a forum and not a private messaging system so many others including me would have been grateful for your guidance.

Here is the body of an email I just sent to <contributors@alamy.com>

Please mark all of my images "only available on Alamy”. That is all images in my account XXXXXX@XXXXXX.com, including all pseudonyms.

There are no similars, to my Alamy images, for sale at any other stock photo agency.

There are a very small number of copy images of historic paintings that are in the public domain. I will revert the “only available on Alamy” designation for those copy images, as soon as you make it.

Bill Brooks

Check it out !!! https://www.alamy.com/portfolio/billbrooks/favourites.html

Currently, I don't have a lot of images -- only about 10% of my collection -- at other agencies. However, I'm going to have to go through my entire port to weed them out before marking the majority of images as exclusive. I also have quite a large number of artwork images to hum and haw over. I see a lot of busy work and not much photography happening over the next few weeks.

BTW, Bill, you get an A+ on your report card this semester. ;)

Archived