Hi,

Same old question but maybe asked a but differently, or more specific. I am not interested in molar aspects, someones opinions etc, just pure facts. 

Is there anyone who has the same port here and on a Tier 1 agency? How does the income compares in terms of ratio?

Thanks

I don't have a tier 1 but I do have another agency - can't comment on income really because my port in both places is way to small to be meaningful - but in the time I have been with Alamy they made more sales and both were for more than my Alamy one.  My twitter can be found as my location on my profile

I'm also with a tier 1 and while the archive isn't an exact mirror of the other (over the years, to do with exclusive deal followed by a non-excl then back to an excl again) but can state that with twice the number of images on Alamy, I typically earn x4 as much via the tier 1 - and that's with a lower commission. 

Rgds,

Richard.

1 hour ago, Pietrach said:

Hi,

Same old question but maybe asked a but differently, or more specific. I am not interested in molar aspects, someones opinions etc, just pure facts. 

Is there anyone who has the same port here and on a Tier 1 agency? How does the income compares in terms of ratio?

Thanks

I don't personally. Do you

4 minutes ago, kay said:

I have a couple of Tier 1 and am now starting to duplicate some of my alamy images on to there, but I'm going to be very selective.  I see no value in duplicating masses of editorial images that are only likely to be licensed once or twice for cents.  It's a difficult balance to try and get right, as it's not a great feeling to see your pictures in travel books etc knowing you've only earned cents for it, and you do feel like kicking yourself when a duplicated image is zoomed on alamy and then sold for cents elsewhere, which is why I have only uploaded to alamy over the last 18 months or so. 

The directors of Alamy have done what they believe is best for them, and we have to do the same.  

Thanks kay, any feedback of earnings ratio?

Thanks

Archived