Jools Elliott

First the priest, now the pianst.

Evening all

Was in Strasbourg earlier in the week and while waiting for my train home I could hear some amazing piano playing going on.

The french railway company SNCF have put pianos in a number of stations for people to play. The week before, i was watching a guy who looked like he was on the streets playing some awesome music.

This week, three girls took it in turn to play loads of classical music. By the time I had thought about getting their photo they had gone. However, by chance another girl turned up and started playing some more fabulous music.

I asked if she minded her hands being photographed as she played. Nope! Great :D

Thing is, would it be saleable?

9858852794_1b8cd24f1d_o.jpg

I'm hardly one to give good advice on sales, but I'm great for opinions!  So I'd say - YES!

What a great idea, btw.  Lucky if you can find a train in a UK train station, much less a piano!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

LOL :D

It's something else. I've heard some very good pianists lately while travelling around. They do chain the pianos and stools down just in case ;)

I'm hardly one to give good advice on sales, but I'm great for opinions!  So I'd say - YES!

What a great idea, btw.  Lucky if you can find a train in a UK train station, much less a piano!

There are a few scattered around London and there was definitely one in St. Pancras 3 weeks ago. Pianos that is, not sure about trains ;o)

And yes, I'd say saleable.

Looks salable to me, If it was anywhere but france, I'd put it up as an L, without releases 

Edited by York Photographer

There is a piano for public use in St Pancras station, as for trains I am not sure.

There is a piano for public use in St Pancras station, as for trains I am not sure.

Wow, really?!  That's fantastic, I'll have to get along there sometime: I haven't ventured into Londinium in an age.

We have a number of pianos placed for people to play here in NYC, in Washington Square in Greenwich for instance. I have not seen one in Grand Central Station, though. This young man, CPPDXN, travels American with his own piano and his dog. Let there be music!   :)

Edited by Ed Rooney

Wow, really?!  That's fantastic, I'll have to get along there sometime: I haven't ventured into Londinium in an age.

It might be Kings Cross but it sure is one of them.

Edit: It is St Pancras......a simple search came up with this.......CXA6EP

Edited by AndyMelbourne