19 hours ago, Thyrsis said:

So why have so many of us NOT had an email?

ALAMY??

Hi everyone

We are sorry to hear not everyone have received an email yet. Because of new regulations it's harder than before to email large groups of people who have unsubscribed from our mailing list. We are working on a fix for contract notifications and an email should be with all of you as soon as possible. Meanwhile, you can view the changes on our website:  https://www.alamy.com/terms/contributor-contract-changes.asp

We would also like to clarify that clause 9.1 only applies to Novel Use licences which is an optional scheme.

Thanks

Alamy  

On 10/15/2018 at 08:12, isphoto said:

on the notification today "9.1. In addition to the promotion rights set out in 8.3 above you grant Alamy permission to sell your Images at any price and by any method we feel appropriate and to supply Images to third parties without Alamy having to consult you, including but not limited to trials with new Customers, prototypes/proof of concept and high volume low unit price licences. Where Alamy does not make a charge to these third parties, you will not receive payment."

So if I read this right Alamy can now Give away my images "Where Alamy does not make a charge to these third parties, you will not receive payment." so if a publisher wants to trial Alamy, they can potentially get my images for free! If Alamy believe a new customer is worth subsidising then they should not be looking for contributors to fund their trials. So on this basis one contributor gets to fund a trial that they may never see a sale from, this is madness at it best.

Also we now have no control over restricting personal use sales, novel use or other newspaper type schemes.

Come on Alamy sales are up, margin is up, why the need for this?  This may well be a straw that breaks the camels back for some.

Hi. I came searching in Google about this change in section 9.1 of the contract.
Thank you to the OP for creating this thread and to all the ones who are contributing to it.
Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

One of my images just sold - RM license for $1.24 (0.62 commission). It cost me ten thousand to bag that photo - travelled to a remote part of the world to dive in pristine waters where very few people go to swim with black manta rays in clear blue waters. Needless to say, I don't like this new contract.

10 hours ago, singularone said:

One of my images just sold - RM license for $1.24 (0.62 commission). It cost me ten thousand to bag that photo - travelled to a remote part of the world to dive in pristine waters where very few people go to swim with black manta rays in clear blue waters. Needless to say, I don't like this new contract.

It's not new. You can still opt out of NU.

12 hours ago, singularone said:

What it cost you to take a photo is irrelevant to what it may sell for. It’s up to you to decide your business model. Take photos near home that cost next to nothing or spend a lot on travel. And, as had been pointed out you have the choice of opting out of the novel use scheme.

Archived