Alamy Live News after news are no longer news

Good afternoon,

I've recently uploaded quite a few images via Alamy Live News, they got accepted and it's all good. However, they are all automatically tagged as RM, and I want to sell those under RF on other stock agencies. What is the best course of action, delete them all, upload them again as RF (and therefore changing the caption in the process), or simply changing from RM to RF? There's a tag "news image" I've never seen before I don't think.

PS - If I try to delete the images, I get this warning:

Are you sure you want to delete the selected image?

For images already on sale the deletion period is 180 days.For images yet to go on sale the deletion will be completed with the next search engine refresh,usually within 24 hours.

So I guess deleting is pointless as I'd be duplicating images on the portfolio if I uploaded them again? Such hassle for something that should be so simple.

13 minutes ago, Baco said:

If I try to delete the images, I get this warning:

Whenever you wish to delete any images, first remove all the keywords/tags and the caption and save it. Wait until the database has updated (usually overnight but currently 48 hrs) then delete the images. Although the images will be there for 180 days no-one will see them as they won't have any searchable terms to find them.

2 minutes ago, Avpics said:

Whenever you wish to delete any images, first remove all the keywords/tags and the caption and save it. Wait until the database has updated (usually overnight but currently 48 hrs) then delete the images. Although the images will be there for 180 days no-one will see them as they won't have any searchable terms to find them.

Alamy deprecates this procedure. It's technically a breach of contract.

1 minute ago, Avpics said:

Thank you.

Just now, spacecadet said:

Alamy deprecates this procedure. It's actually a breach of contract.

Good to know

2 hours ago, spacecadet said:

If they contain property and/or people, you shouldn't list them as RF anywhere without releases.

Whaaaaaattttt?

I guess you're just stating your opinion, which is fair enough, but legally you can sell RF here or in several other places as editorial.

RF/RM  and commercial/editorial are legally unrelated, though this wasn't always the case on Alamy.

Disclaimer: I'm only RM here which is all I'm uploading for the moment, but some recent Alamy licences are pushing the boundary.

Read the AIM instructions - page 18 - Image Management - Licence type - and the pages before and after page 18.

https://www.alamy.com/myupload/help/AIM-InstructionManual.pdf

According to this images with unreleased people / property can be sold as RF Editorial.

License type 1. This is where you select the ‘License type’. Alamy recommends a royaltyfree (RF) license as this is most popular with customers

2. For images that contain unreleased property or people please select ‘Sell for editorial only’ (found under the ‘Optional’ tab)

unquote

I have always thought Alamy was a bit unclear about when necessary to tick the people / property and information about releases in the "Optional part" in the new AIM. As a macro supplier I choose RM and always give correct information in the optional part about people/property and the lack of releases. My security to have given buyers correct information about the proper usage of the image. I would even do this on the rare RF images of mine. But I really do prefer RM - always. I still think this provides a better income in the long run.

So, Baco, it may be possible to change, if you really want to sell as RF on these other places, which I wouldn't - it took half a second for me to check where - and customers would save money to do the same and you would earn less. However, I don't know what Alamy says about changing licences on News images. 

Niels

Archived