Clarification on RM sales low prices is needed

Hello people!

I 've had some RM sales in April, 2013.
But prices seem to me very low.
I've checked a couple of sold images what should they cost if I buy them.
This can be made on specific image page on the tab 'Custom pricing'.
Here are the results:

Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - Print only
Print run: up to 100,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 April 2013
End: 01 May 2013
Placement Inside print, includes online;Any size up to DPS flat rate
Should be sold for US $ 345.00
Actually was sold for several times less!

Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - Print only
Print run: up to 10,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 March 2013
End: 08 March 2013

Should be sold for US $ 165.00
Actually was sold for several times less!

What are these low prices about?

Should I knock the support door for the clarification?

Thanks!

This was covered a couple of days ago in another topic regarding disappointing sales - probably not forum etiquette but I'll copy my response....

Welcome to the world as it is ! The price calculator is there to give you a warm feeling - there are now so many 'deals' and 'arrangements' and 'special clients' that I have not seen a sale that matches the 'calculator' - ever!

This is a sale to a UK newspaper and the rates still seem to be dropping slowly - I suggest that you e-mail MS and ask specifically for the information in this case - it actually does us all no good to splash price sensitive information all over an open forum ***** - believe it or not there are those who might take advantage of the information when bargaining with an agency !!!

Congrats on the sale - may it be one of many - and may they add up to a goodly sum !

***** Guilty as charged - I know I've done it myself - many times - we need a "Contributors Only" button for interchange of 'bad deals' on a confidential level.....

Mongoose - Congratulations on your sales - You haven't said what your images actually sold for but I would expect they would be much less than the price calculator would suggest - this has been the case for a long time and reflects many things including particularly  the abundance of images available worldwide, and bulk deals which Alamy has made in order (I presume) to keep business. In addition the Czech rep. sale is likely to have been through a distributor so you will get 30% rather than %0% net value.

I am afraid that would seem to be the way it is at the moment

:(

Kumar Sriskandan

Thank you people for your replies!

I am a stock photographer since 2006, not on Alamy only.

What I see is a permanent drop in evaluation of my work as a stock photog.

This is dissapointing.

Perhaps I should add more to my portfolio. It is too small compared to yours, guys.

Also this might be the sign to move on to another business.

'Cause with this obvious downtrend in my stock income I am not sure if it will worth a penny in next 10 years.

Cheers!

No matter whether its RM or RF.. i am getting same low price for my sales irrespective of their license types.. yesterday i got 2 RM and one RF ( Indian distributors) for same price. 

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting thing about those low priced sales to the Czech Republic and their Slovac twin is that I meet Czech photographers  here in Stockholm at the Ice Hockey World Championship. They carry the same Nikon D4 and Nikon 200-400 4.0 zoom lens as everybody else. Just that combo is 10000 GBP on the hoof. Can their papers afford that becouse they pay us peanuts or what?

Interesting thing about those low priced sales to the Czech Republic and their Slovac twin is that I meet Czech photographers  here in Stockholm at the Ice Hockey World Championship. They carry the same Nikon D4 and Nikon 200-400 4.0 zoom lens as everybody else. Just that combo is 10000 GBP on the hoof. Can their papers afford that becouse they pay us peanuts or what?

Perhaps they sell all their pictures in Japan.

Perhaps they sell all their pictures in Japan.

I don't think they are interested in Czech ice hockey in Japan!

Archived