I know that photos from sporting events sometimes have different requirements than other photos with people and/or property in them. Should my horse racing images (with jockeys) be RF/Editorial Only or Rights Managed? Any advice or info would be deeply appreciated.

The vast majority of racecourses and all those managed by the Jockey club prohibit photography for commercial purposes unless you contact them for a licence - which will probably cost you money.

Cheltenham racecourse terms and conditions are fairly standard - use of cameras is section 10 - and believe me they enforce  http://cheltenham.thejockeyclub.co.uk/assets/cheltenham/Terms-and-Conditions-of-Entry-March-14.pdf

There are 2 main reasons for such strict rules - firstly safety.  Horses have the potential to be way more dangerous than a lot of people realise and while this is glaringly obvious to most fans the risks of unknowledgeable photographers turning up to try and make a couple of quid are considerable.   I have seen incidents at showjumping of what happens when a flash goes off in a nervous horses face - and that is generally just one horse in a reasonably large contained area.  I do not want to think about a horse freaking in a packed parade ring.  The second reason is betting - where fractions of a second can have an impact.

I would double and treble check the dates and locations of when your racing images were taken and seek out solid confirmation of the terms and conditions attached to your entry.  If you post in breach of those conditions it will not just be a case of Alamy having to take the images down but you could find yourself banned from all racecourses even without a camera. While they are unlikely to be quite that heavy handed on a first-time offence they do have the authority to make such a ruling.

1 hour ago, Starsphinx said:

Cheltenham racecourse terms and conditions are fairly standard - use of cameras is section 10 - and believe me they enforce  http://cheltenham.thejockeyclub.co.uk/assets/cheltenham/Terms-and-Conditions-of-Entry-March-14.pdf

Jeepers! They go on a bit don't they?:)

Allan

4 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Jeepers! They go on a bit don't they?:)

Allan

Oh yeah.  I love going racing but photography there is strictly pleasure - depending on the course and the races due to be run it is not unheard of for hobbyists to be asked to allow their camera to be checked if they wish to remain at the course.  Obviously, mobile phones are everywhere but as you can see from the terms and conditions they can be checked too.  Racecourses can make the National Trust look soft on photography lol.

Archived