Checking on Sony RX100 USB flaps

4 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Today, downtown in Old Town on the Rue McGill, I bought a couple of small photo items, one being a little thumbnail card reader.  I will never again have to use the faulty flaps on my RX100 Sonys.  :)

I have one of those. They come in handy. I didn't get mine on Rue McGill, though.

Had lunch at a place on Rue McGill called Brit and Chips. It's very good . . . if you come here, UK members. I never planned to try to settle here, John, but I've gown very found of your island city. It's so pleasant to walk around and hear the bird-like chirping of French.

34 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Had lunch at a place on Rue McGill called Brit and Chips. It's very good . . . if you come here, UK members. I never planned to try to settle here, John, but I've gown very found of your island city. It's so pleasant to walk around and hear the bird-like chirping of French.

How long would I need to be resident in Southern Ireland (Eire) before I could apply for an Irish passport. Only out of date British passport now.

Allan

13 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

How long would I need to be resident in Southern Ireland (Eire) before I could apply for an Irish passport. Only out of date British passport now.

Allan

That sounds like a wheeze, we're entitled to go there through the common travel area that's been there for years. Thoigh what Brexit does to the CTA is anyone's guess.

It tends to be 5 years or an Irish born grandparent. My italics because OH's are Irish but they were all born in England. Pretty careless thing to do if you ask me.

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

That sounds like a wheeze, we're entitled to go there through the common travel area that's been there for years. Thoigh what Brexit does to the CTA is anyone's guess.

It tends to be 5 years or an Irish born grandparent. My italics because OH's are Irish but they were all born in England. Pretty careless thing to do if you ask me.

Thanks Mark.

Allan

All 4 of my grandparents were born in Ireland. That's how I got my citizenship. It used to be so easy to go back and forth and become a resident. You even have the right to vote. In fact an Irish subject living in the UK had one extra thing that UK citizens did not have: you can bring a foreign-born wife or husband into the country right away.

Just to be clear: I did not vote in any English elections, and my lady friend was British.  She has since been awarded the highest female honor from Her Majesty for her work in Afghanistan. (I miss you, Carol.)

Edo

2 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Glad to hear that you're enjoying Montreal. It's a unique city -- a little piece of Europe in the middle North America. I toy with the idea of moving back there every now an then but the thought of winter puts me off. Unfortunately, all than pleasant chirping turns to chattering (of the teeth) for several months of the year.

17 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

(I miss you, Carol.)

Edo

Please don't get all maudlin now Edo. Pecker up and move on.:)

You never know what might be around the corner.

Allan

Archived