Possible sale or a dreaded refund?

Jools,

FWIW I have images that sell frequently, within a month or two, at the same price and for the same usage. And oddly I've had an image sell twice on the same day about 6 months ago for the same amount and usage that was never refunded. I totally expected that one to refund, but it never did.

Marc

The original sale was some travel brochure in Japan and was through a distributor. The new sale is another distributor sale for a very similar amount. Be interested to see tomorrow what happens. The strange thing is the new sale is ever so slightly higher than the original one.

Fingers cross on it!!!

I had three sales with exactly the same rights and $$:

"Country: Worldwide
Usage: Non-Editorial Electronic and web uses
Media: Corporate website, single design
Industry sector: General business services
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 August 2013
End: 01 August 2016
5 years multiple web use incl. personal screensaver use"

Two were the same file, and one was different.

I'm expecting a refund too, although they might need two licences if they wanted to use the same image on two different web pages.

Also, a bit concerned about 'non-editorial', as both files are marked (I checked!) 'need property release' but have none (no people).

Double sales are often for academic textbooks, one for the student version and one for the tutors.

Andy

They usually come through together in my experience, rather than a month apart.

I have had refunds from a Japanese distributor quite a while after the first sale. In fact one had already cleared.

Pearl

Archived