29 minutes ago, fotoDogue said:

Can you suggest some other way another contributor's name would find it's way into the keywords?

There's a sculptor called Alan Dawson, so maybe he produced the sculpture in the photo? This would make the keywords legit. Not sure if Alan Dawson, the photographer on Alamy, is also a sculptor? There's an Alan Dawson that plays cricket too.... Multi-talented ;)

OP - If Alan Dawson is the sculptor of that artwork in your photo it would be wise to put that into the caption too...

8 hours ago, fotoDogue said:

Maybe the next time you decide to "borrow" someone's keywords you should take a moment to edit out their name.

I have not borrowed someone else's keywords! I resent the accusation in fact as I spend enormous amounts of time keywording. The name of the sculptor of the gate is Alan Dawson. However there is also a photographer called Alan Dawson which is why I was misled about the attribution. 

2 hours ago, Sally said:

The name of the sculptor of the gate is Alan Dawson.

I would have added the artist's name to the caption, since it was a detail photo of his work that we are talking about. (As a general rule, best to name check any other 'creator'  - designer / painter / architect in the full caption of these sort of images..)

"Detail of the East Gate steel Rhododendron flowers, by sculptor Alan Dawson,  at the Royal Botanic Gardens in Edinburgh, Scotland UK"

km

3 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

... Not sure if Alan Dawson, the photographer on Alamy, is also a sculptor? There's an Alan Dawson that plays cricket too.... Multi-talented ;)

Being Alan Dawson the photographer, i can confirm that his sculpting skills are zero and his cricketing skills not much better.

It seemed odd that someone who spends an enormous amount of time keywording their photos would not associate their own keywords with a a particular photo.

However, if I jumped to the wrong conclusion then I apologize.

1 hour ago, fotoDogue said:

It seemed odd that someone who spends an enormous amount of time keywording their photos would not associate their own keywords with a a particular photo.

Apology accepted. I'm afraid that I can't remember every keyword I have put in for the 1,300 odd photos I have uploaded. If you can then your memory is working better than mine.

i think this thread has probably reached its conclusion ;)

2 hours ago, fotoDogue said:

Yes, you did. No 'if' about it....

All the keywords are relevant to the image, and not 'lifted' from anyone else's photograph

She simply had the artist's name, Alan Dawson, as a tag, which by co-incidence is the name of another Alamy contributor

km

4 hours ago, RedSnapper said:

Yes, you did. No 'if' about it....

All the keywords are relevant to the image, and not 'lifted' from anyone else's photograph

She simply had the artist's name, Alan Dawson, as a tag, which by co-incidence is the name of another Alamy contributor

km

I couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you.

Archived