Stupid senior moment.

I'm a Belgian. Belgians don't have senior moments.

..... except perhaps for that one time when I opened the fridge, gazed at the contents for a few moments ....... until I realized i was actually looking for my slippers  :wacko:

Cheers,

Philippe  -_-

I think I will have to come and live in Belgium if, as Phillipe intimates, Belgians do not age. ;)

Allan

Belgians indeed do not age, they ferment instead. B)

To make the work I did on Cader Idris, (see my avatar pic on this post and my website), I was using a 7"x 5" camera that has the capability to be used as a 5"x4" with a different back. Cader Idris is just under 3,000 feet high by the way. I climbed all morning carrying the camera, tripod, lenses, spot meter, ten 7"x 5" loaded film holders, lunch, flask etc. etc. Didn't want to take anything until I was almost at the top, set up the tripod, screwed the camera on and what was staring at me? The 5"x4' camera back. So, unscrew camera, pack everything up, sit on summit, eat lunch, trek all the way down again. 

At least you had your lunch with a nice view and maybe some good exercise.

Not being nasty just trying to look on the bright side.

Allan

..... except perhaps for that one time when I opened the fridge, gazed at the contents for a few moments ....... until I realized i was actually looking for my slippers  :wacko:

Cheers,

Philippe  -_-

I think I will have to come and live in Belgium if, as Phillipe intimates, Belgians do not age. ;)

Allan

I'm 54 .......  a frisky foal ........ according to Belgian standards  -_-

Cheers,

Philippe

Would be nice to be a young pup again. I'm a good few years ahead of you. :P

Allan

Bought new Canon 5D some years ago. Booked a weekend in Paris to test it. Found when I arrived that I had neither battery nor charger. Camera model was relatively new at the time and I could not find a battery source in Paris. It was beautiful weather as well.

..... except perhaps for that one time when I opened the fridge, gazed at the contents for a few moments ....... until I realized i was actually looking for my slippers :wacko:

Cheers,

Philippe -_-

Allan

Belgians indeed do not age, they ferment instead. B)

John Mitchell, you're a mean little Vancouverite :o

Let me quote from the Book of Deuteronomy 28:20

"The LORD will send upon thee cursing, vexation, computer viruses, and camera malfunctions, in all that thou settest thine hand unto for to do, until úre Sony is destroyed and until úre Alamy sales perish quickly, because of the wickedness of thy doings, the evil of úre deeds, whereby thou hast forsaken Me."

There you go  -_-

Cheers,

Philippe :P

Your God is obviously one of wrath. All I can do is extend to you a Vancouver cherry-blossom branch of peace...

photo-thumb-254.jpg?_r=1490377470

I don't think what I did today is quite in the same category but I was trying out my new D500 on squirrels and pigeons and all of a sudden I couldn't see anything in the viewfinder. OMG my camera is broken a week before a big trip!!! Turned out I had accidentally hit the Live View button. Whew. What a relief.

Paulette

To make the work I did on Cader Idris, (see my avatar pic on this post and my website), I was using a 7"x 5" camera that has the capability to be used as a 5"x4" with a different back. Cader Idris is just under 3,000 feet high by the way. I climbed all morning carrying the camera, tripod, lenses, spot meter, ten 7"x 5" loaded film holders, lunch, flask etc. etc. Didn't want to take anything until I was almost at the top, set up the tripod, screwed the camera on and what was staring at me? The 5"x4' camera back. So, unscrew camera, pack everything up, sit on summit, eat lunch, trek all the way down again. 

Allan

Yes, fabulous view. I'm lucky to have had the opportunity to do that work. Climbed the mountain about 20 times to make it. Only once with the wrong camera back in place though! I could tell you the story about the time I broke a 10" x 8" groundglass in Sardinia and had forgotten to pack the spares I always carry...................but that's a long story.

Allan

Nope, nope, no bright side there. Lunch probably sat like a rock.

Archived