Now need good places to shoot in Rome

My son is leaving Amsterdam soon and first wanted me to thank Wim and funkyworm for their fabulous help on Amsterdam.  Said it was very useful.

He is headed off to Rome this evening and wanted to know if there are any hidden gems to shoot, and even just some great places to go as a tourist that may not be in all the brochures.

Thanks in advance,

Jill

2 hours ago, Jill Morgan said:

My son is leaving Amsterdam soon and first wanted me to thank Wim and funkyworm for their fabulous help on Amsterdam.  Said it was very useful.

He is headed off to Rome this evening and wanted to know if there are any hidden gems to shoot, and even just some great places to go as a tourist that may not be in all the brochures.

Thanks in advance,

Jill

way too many...I am just going through my pictures now and wish I had gotten some of the San Giovanni Baptistry by St. John's for one, the Papal Palace at St. John's too. I have been tagging my photos and wish I had not had such a rush to plan that trip because there was so much more in front of me and I didn't even realize it. Tons of churches there with historical significance that aren't covered at all...I stumbled into a few by accident. I am sure I will have more to add as I work through my photos. :(

Jill, i'll focus on hell-heaven architecture such as angels, daemons, violence statues.

I suspect a ISIS terrorism attack is very close (at least this is what i'm focused to photograph when i go there)

..and i forgot to say... city street holes.

Cars, motorbikes, bikes having issues with road holes.. that has been discussed a lot locally in our country breaking news and Major's main concern

On 6/7/2018 at 20:39, KODAKovic said:

Jill, i'll focus on hell-heaven architecture such as angels, daemons, violence statues.

I suspect a ISIS terrorism attack is very close (at least this is what i'm focused to photograph when i go there)

We hope not Lorenzo !!!!!
Rome is an open-air museum ....

A walk along the River Tiber is interesting; keep crossing the many historic bridges. Your son will not be able to get past the top list of things to see and photograph in Rome if he's there for a month. Forget about finding "undiscovered" Rome -- there is no such thing. Just tell him to pay attention when he walks around, discover a Romano moment. If he's not looking at a map or a guide book or a cellphone.

And have him ask at the hotel where he might find a authentic dish of Chitarra Cacio e Pepe pasta. 

chitarra-cacio-e-pepe-a-pasta-recipe-fro

18 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

A walk along the River Tiber is interesting; keep crossing the many historic bridges. Your son will not be able to get past the top list of things to see and photograph in Rome if he's there for a month. Forget about finding "undiscovered" Rome -- there is no such thing. Just tell him to pay attention when he walks around, discover a Romano moment. If he's not looking at a map or a guide book or a cellphone.

And have him ask at the hotel where he might find a authentic dish of Chitarra Cacio e Pepe pasta. 

chitarra-cacio-e-pepe-a-pasta-recipe-fro

Ed, the proper spelling is "Spaghetti (pasta) alla Chitarra cacio e pepe" :)

Chitarra is not simple spaghetti.  It is a different cut, more like tonnarelli. The full name is spaghetti all chitarra or maccheroni alla chitarra. It's from the Abruzzo. In Rome they call it chitarra or just cache e pepe. But what would a Florentine know about Romano cooking?  

Archived