Photographer's home page in Alamy?

Is there a way one can create a home page of the photographer/contributor in Alamy with a selected # of pictures, the URL of which can be shared in social media, etc. We can create a lightbox, but that can be shared only via email. I don't want to direct someone to an external website. Any ideas? Thanks.

I tried using the method suggested by Sally (actually it's still included at the bottom of the page), but decided instead to base links on a search term. Those links can be emailed, and I also use them on my personal website: dondouglas.com. Clicking on the thumbnails links to particular sets on Alamy, all images in which share a particular tag.

1 hour ago, RedSnapper said:

This? No need to show the entire link on the page,

Link to Pradip's photos on Alamy

km

The only problem with doing that is when you type in a search term, it takes you out of Pradiop's images and searches within all of Alamy.

If you use the link Sally mentioned, it will only search within your own images.

Jill

5 minutes ago, Jill Morgan said:

The only problem with doing that is when you type in a search term, it takes you out of Pradiop's images and searches within all of Alamy.

If you use the link Sally mentioned, it will only search within your own images.

Jill

With only 106 images in total...they'll almost all be on one page anyway..

km

1 minute ago, RedSnapper said:

With only 106 images in total...they'll almost all be on one page anyway..

km

Yes, but we assume his port will build, and other users may want to use the link who have larger ports.

Mind you, the images look better on Keith's link, but I think I would go with searchability.

Jill

28 minutes ago, Matt Ashmore said:

That is the best option yet.

Jill

44 minutes ago, Matt Ashmore said:

So , how do you create that?

1 minute ago, Sally said:

So , how do you create that?

All I did was an advanced search and typed Pradip's name into the 'Contributor Name' field. I then just copied the URL that Alamy generated from the address bar of my browser. And then Google URL shortener can be found at: https://goo.gl

Just now, Matt Ashmore said:

All I did was an advanced search and typed Pradip's name into the 'Contributor Name' field. I then just copied the URL that Alamy generated from the address bar of my browser. And then Google URL shortener can be found at: https://goo.gl

Of course, if the person you send this link to chooses to clear the filters, then they will start searching the whole Alamy DB again. But following an advanced search on Contributor Name, further searches are refined to the images belonging to this contributor until the filter is cleared.

Bad luck if there is another Alamy contributor with the same name though!

4 minutes ago, Matt Ashmore said:

Cheers, thanks

Archived