Photoshop 2018 crashing

I have been trying to update to Photoshop 2018.  It crashes everytime and even the crash report crashes.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no luck.  Anyone else have this issue and find away around it?

Jill

1 hour ago, fotoDogue said:

Have you checked the Adobe Forums?

https://forums.adobe.com/welcome

I tried all the fixes that were offered on Adobe.

I disconnected my second monitor, I changed the exe file to oldPhotoshop and did the install cleaning tool.  It seems a lot of people have this issue.  One said it will run as long as Chrome isn't open.  I haven't tried that one as I use Chrome and have no intention of giving it up.

Currently plan to reinstall 2017 version and await some type of fix from Adobe.

Jill

32 minutes ago, Jill Morgan said:

.  One said it will run as long as Chrome isn't open.  I haven't tried that one as I use Chrome and have no intention of giving it up.

Why not try it? If only to see if that does work? Surely  you dont need to have Chrome open all the time you're working on PS??

Close Chrome > Open PS > work in PS > Re open chrome> See if it crashes....

km

1 hour ago, RedSnapper said:

Why not try it? If only to see if that does work? Surely  you dont need to have Chrome open all the time you're working on PS??

Close Chrome > Open PS > work in PS > Re open chrome> See if it crashes....

km

I probably will try it out of curiosity, but yes, I need to have Chrome open pretty much all the time.  I use Photoshop for more than photos.  I do work on my Huion tablet and today I was trying to do designs for my new line of dog mugs. This also while updating website.  I'm a bit of a multi-tasker and am always working on a few things at once.  Blame my ADD. :)

I will probably just stick to 2017 while Adobe comes up with a fix. 

Jill

Archived