When I select   " all of alamy "   and count up the number of sales for the last business week it comes to 516.  That does not seem very much. If average sale value is about 40US$ then total earnings are  about 20600 US$   . That is 10,300 to Alamy about  £7300.   Has anybody else followed these sales figures?  Am I doing something  wrong?

6 minutes ago, Travelshots said:

When I select   " all of alamy "   and count up the number of sales for the last business week it comes to 516.  That does not seem very much. If average sale value is about 40US$ then total earnings are  about 20600 US$   . That is 10,300 to Alamy about  £7300.   Has anybody else followed these sales figures?  Am I doing something  wrong?

It's only if they can match a search up the sale. There are more sales I believe...no?

It rarely happens that someone purchases an image right after zooming and those are the only sales that show in All of Alamy. And SShep is right. That data only comes from regular customers. Just like our zooms. If you zoom on one of my images it's not going to show in my statistics.

Paulette

"What are “Sales”? The number of sales we can reliably attribute to a search term for the time period specified. Sales data is not comprehensive because the nature of customer activity means that we cannot link all sales to search terms." - Alamy

All of Alamy shows searches.

It only shows sales if they can be traced back to a specific search.

Sales get updated for quite a while after a search has been recorded.

If you go back after one or even three months there are far more sales for the same date.

wim

Archived