I think it is British (not English) Light Dragoon uniform from Wellingtons army. Pic too small to read the info on the saddle roll behind the rider - it may well have the regiment identification info. - assuming the uniform is completely authentic.

Just checked the saddle roll id on your on-line shot, it’s the 12th Light Dragoons.

27 minutes ago, Malcolm Park said:

I think it is British (not English) Light Dragoon uniform from Wellingtons army. Pic too small to read the info on the saddle roll behind the rider - it may well have the regiment identification info. - assuming the uniform is completely authentic.

Just checked the saddle roll id on your on-line shot, it’s the 12th Light Dragoons.

Thanks a bunch Malcom i wanted to get the information exactly right, you have been a great help.

Andy

5 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

I might have tried a tighter crop version on that one as well, assuming you have the pixels to spare. Maybe a vertical crop for a magazine cover?

Thanks for that advise i will give it a go, its all a learning curve and what is so pleasant on here is people are very free with good advice and help.

Andy

11 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

A vertical crop is something a picture editor would recognise and could do for himself, but a tighter crop will make the thumbnail image stand out a bit because of course the horse and rider will be bigger.

I can understand that, unfortunately the original was shot in JPEGL and just checked if i crop it to much only gives me 4.5M - 5M which i assume QC will reject on size. It was a day out in the park and the crowds were kept well back and i only had an 18-55 kit lense on.

Andy

Minimum size is about 3000 long side (I go to 3250 to be safe) so I agree. You could upsize a bit if it's spot-on for sharpness but a RAW would have had more potential. Another reason to consider switching to RAW? I never looked back. They're just sharper.

Archived