Failec For What

2 hours ago, GS-Images said:

You need to read the guidelines and familiarise yourself with what's needed. Also an optical zoom with that range isn't going to give great results for much of it's range. If you want to sell images at Alamy you need to put some effort in so you know the basics, and then you can start from a good place with more knowledge and suitable equipment. Otherwise you'll keep getting QC failures, your images won't be good enough, they won't sell, your rank will drop, and you'll give up. The guidelines tell you all you need to know.

http://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/guidelines-for-submitting-images/?section=3

Just pointing out the relevant part: 

• Use a DSLR camera (or equivalent)
    Cameras that don’t meet this specification won’t produce images good enough to pass our QC checks.

Recently at a friends house: 

Oh your camera takes very nice pictures.

A: Right! By the way, your oven bakes wonderful cakes! 

10 hours ago, hdh said:

Recently at a friends house: 

Oh your camera takes very nice pictures.

A: Right! By the way, your oven bakes wonderful cakes! 

How did this line work for you? The last time I tried it, I was treated to an oven feature and kitchen gadget tour that seemed to last for weeks. The guy I used the line on had six burners and two ovens including ones that only simmered and others that were hot enough for arc welding. He had every sort of implement that was ever intended to sharpen knives too. And ... since this was rural America, he took some time to show me the guns he used to kill the very meats he was cooking while I was getting the tour.

Cooks are just as gear-crazed as photographers! Hunters and fishermen too! Be ready! Be very ready!

9 hours ago, Brian Yarvin said:

How did this line work for you? The last time I tried it, I was treated to an oven feature and kitchen gadget tour that seemed to last for weeks. The guy I used the line on had six burners and two ovens including ones that only simmered and others that were hot enough for arc welding. He had every sort of implement that was ever intended to sharpen knives too. And ... since this was rural America, he took some time to show me the guns he used to kill the very meats he was cooking while I was getting the tour.

Cooks are just as gear-crazed as photographers! Hunters and fishermen too! Be ready! Be very ready!

Unfortunately I was not treated that way - It would have been a perfect opportunity to take more pictures and collect really relevant tagging information :lol:

Archived