Website Copyright notice

I'm building a website to showcase my photography. I want to add a disclaimer. 

For the (non) usage of my images I found many examples.

But, I would lile to add that images of buildings and possibly other things are also under copyright of the architects, designers etc... Am I right to add this? If the case, any idea how I should formulate this? 

I searched on some architecture photographers website but couldn't find a text like this?

57 minutes ago, Michael_Jacobs said:

I'm building a website to showcase my photography. I want to add a disclaimer. 

For the (non) usage of my images I found many examples.

But, I would lile to add that images of buildings and possibly other things are also under copyright of the architects, designers etc... Am I right to add this? If the case, any idea how I should formulate this? 

I searched on some architecture photographers website but couldn't find a text like this?

Surely you would want permission from the copyright holder to publish them on your website. If you have permission, then I guess you should ask the copyright holder what notice you should add for their material. If you don't have permission, then you are basically infringing copyright and more or less admitting it openly.

"It is also not an infringement of copyright to "take photographs of buildings, sculptures and works of artistic craftsmanship that are permanently situated in a public place or in premises that are open to the public". [source - http://www.sirimo.co.uk/2009/05/14/uk-photographers-rights-v2/]

Section 62 of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 expressly permits certain copying in relation to buildings, and also to sculptures and works of artistic craftsmanship that are permanently situated in a public place or in premises open to the public, although the Advertising Standards Authority has upheld complaints when photographs of private residences have been used in advertising without the owner’s permission."

http://www.urban75.org/photos/photographers-rights-streets-buildings.html

27 minutes ago, RedSnapper said:

"It is also not an infringement of copyright to "take photographs of buildings, sculptures and works of artistic craftsmanship that are permanently situated in a public place or in premises that are open to the public". [source - http://www.sirimo.co.uk/2009/05/14/uk-photographers-rights-v2/]

Section 62 of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 expressly permits certain copying in relation to buildings, and also to sculptures and works of artistic craftsmanship that are permanently situated in a public place or in premises open to the public, although the Advertising Standards Authority has upheld complaints when photographs of private residences have been used in advertising without the owner’s permission."

http://www.urban75.org/photos/photographers-rights-streets-buildings.html

Useful info again in what is a bit of a minefieid. However, the laws are different in different countries and the OP is in Israel I think.

And then there is this public/private land thing. I got stopped by a (pleasant) securtity guy yesterday snapshooting with a DSLR and a large 24-70 zoom in the Nova Centre or whatever it's called in Victoria in London after a visit to Grays of Westminster. He asked me if I had a permit. I said no but where could I get one. He said he didn't know. I left. I'm guessing it's ok to publish pics I took off the site but not on the site. 

MDM & Redsnapper, thank you for your replies!

Several things:

1) Being an architect myself I understand the importance of copyright of my work...

2) Laws are obviously very different by country...

3) Many of us, here on Alamy, put images on sale that contain copyrighted material, being buildings/brands/objects or other... under editorial use (yes I should check if I checked the editorial box...) - without the necessary paperwork...

4) My website doesn't sell anything - well not directly - and I want to be clear about copyrights including those of others

I'm not a lawyer. I just want to be clear that:

5) This website is a portfolio

5a) The images are copyrighted to/by (???) me - as I have taken etc the photo

5b) And if I photographed copyrighted material - it is ALSO copyrighted by the architect/designer...

Alamy uses this clause/notification under images where the photographer has indicated that they do not have model or property releases but has not ticked the "Editorial" box.

"If you want to use the image commercially , you might also need permission from the model, artist, owner, estate, trademark or brand."

Allan

Michael, there's copyright in architecture and there's copyright in a photo. 

For GVs, I wouldn't bother. For personal websites/portfolios, I wouldn't bother. For detail views, I'd state that property or model releases are not available (as Allan has said). 

Archived