For a month I watch my images on the same keyword.
Also that confuses me. The algorithm of moving photos from page to page is completely incomprehensible.
 What does it depend on?
Many can say, from the attention of buyers to images, but I can not think so, because I do not see any increase, let alone sales.
From 1580 pages of search results, my images are now from 10 to 20 pages, when a month ago they were on the page above.
Of the 40 images, none has been increased, but the position in the search is changing. What does it depend on?
Is it just me or is there a pattern?

1 hour ago, Stokie said:

Я полагаю, что это зависит от того, добавлены ли какие-либо дополнительные изображения ваших «изображений часов», чтобы ваши изображения отображались в разных положениях.

Джон.

On the example of one image, I observe ---
  from 1580 pages on the result of searching for a specific keyword, the image was on 11 pages, and now the same image on page 10.

I am not an expert here, but I presume it also depends on the other images with these keywords - not yours - from other photographers. If others upload more images with these keywords, which become popular, yours will fall down. If other photographers edit keywords, so that the keyword you are talking about becomes less important, then these image will fall down and as a consequence yours may go up. Does this make sense?

2 hours ago, Pietrach said:

I am not an expert here, but I presume it also depends on the other images with these keywords - not yours - from other photographers. If others upload more images with these keywords, which become popular, yours will fall down. If other photographers edit keywords, so that the keyword you are talking about becomes less important, then these image will fall down and as a consequence yours may go up. Does this make sense?

Perhaps you are right, there is logic.
I hope that sales will still follow and on my street, too, will be a holiday.

Also possible if your images are not getting zooms or sales, and those from other photographers using those keywords are getting zooms or sales, that could affect your downward movement.

But like you, it is largely a puzzlement.  I seldom check my placement other than an initial check from a fresh upload. Checking doesn’t really move me forward when that time is better spent shooting, developing, tagging, and tweaking tags in older images.

Sometimes when checking my own zooms by clicking on the pseudo with a zoom, I will notice some of my images that were viewed but not zoomed need a new phrase added because of the search terms I see, and I will tweak those tags.

otherwise, I don’t try to figure out movement of my images.

Alamy has a diversity algorithm in the search  that ensures a variety of photos from different photographers having similar rank.  (without it, all of one photographer's images would be displayed before the next photographer got any -- even if his rank was very close).  I've never seen any discussion of how often this algorithm changes, so the shifting might only be the result of changes to the parameters in the diversity algorithm and not to any changes to the actual images available.

Robert

3 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Also possible if your images are not getting zooms or sales, and those from other photographers using those keywords are getting zooms or sales, that could affect your downward movement.

But like you, it is largely a puzzlement.  I seldom check my placement other than an initial check from a fresh upload. Checking doesn’t really move me forward when that time is better spent shooting, developing, tagging, and tweaking tags in older images.

Sometimes when checking my own zooms by clicking on the pseudo with a zoom, I will notice some of my images that were viewed but not zoomed need a new phrase added because of the search terms I see, and I will tweak those tags.

otherwise, I don’t try to figure out movement of my images.

I decided to track them just because of editing old keywords, whether this really affects sales and availability.
But noticed the upward movement only, while without increases and sales.

14 minutes ago, Gennadii Rybalov said:

Is she mocking?

Perhaps you're not familiar with the expression Betty used. It simply means that there's no need to ask questions when good fortune comes your way. I'm constantly surprised at how helpful many people on this forum are and Betty is among the most helpful. 

6 minutes ago, Kukkudrill said:

Возможно, вы не знакомы с выражением, которое использовал Бетти. Это просто означает, что нет необходимости задавать вопросы, когда наступает твое счастье. Я постоянно удивляюсь, насколько полезны многие люди на этом форуме, и Бетти является одной из самых полезных. 

The expression is familiar, only where is the happiness that you are talking about?
I can only hope to meet him here.

47 minutes ago, Kukkudrill said:

Perhaps you're not familiar with the expression Betty used. It simply means that there's no need to ask questions when good fortune comes your way. I'm constantly surprised at how helpful many people on this forum are and Betty is among the most helpful. 

Thank you, dear. 

Gennadii, you mentioned your image moved up and you didn’t understand why. That was the gift I referenced. Sorry I used an American term that was hard to understand. I have an Oklahoma folksy way of expressing myself and sometimes misunderstandings are a result. 

I need to stop that, but it’s woven into my fabric!   Darn, I did it again! That means talking that way is a part of who I am! :D

I would never make fun of you. You’re a nice person. 

Betty

6 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Спасибо дорогой. 

Геннадий, вы упомянули, что ваш образ поднялся, и вы не поняли почему. Это был подарок, на который я ссылался. Извините, я использовал американский термин, который было трудно понять. У меня есть обычный способ выражения Оклахомы, и иногда возникают недоразумения. 

Мне нужно прекратить это, но оно вплетено в мою ткань! Дарн, я сделал это снова! Это  означает, что говорить так - это часть того, кто я есть! :D

Я бы  никогда не  высмеял тебя. Ты хороший человек. 

Бетти

Betty, it looks like you did not understand my phrase. I did not write about you.
I wrote that the horse laughs at me when my people have a similar saying.
A gifted horse - teeth are not checked.
:D

7 hours ago, Bill Brooks said:

Я замечаю, что я продаю более старые изображения A и B, а не только последние, поэтому я думаю, что поиск еще больше смешивает.

Bill, I still do not have old images, as I recently joined.
Perhaps the reason for low sales is hiding in this.
I'll wait, although I do not know how much I can because of the illness, I'll pass the baton to my granddaughter. That's when everyone will dance here, she does not have to wait:D

Archived