For the past couple of years, I've been putting together calendars of recent travel shots using Lulu.com. I don't make many sales, but I find calendars useful for promotion. I'm fairly happy with Lulu. However, I'm wondering if anyone can recommend any other do-it-yourself calendar sites worth checking out.

Merci beaucoup

Hey John,

Not sure if you have a Costco near you or if you are a member, but they print calendars on demand. In the U.S. they run $10 for classic wall calendar and $18 for a "premium" one....not sure of the difference. Oh, I see that the "classic" is 8.5 x 11 and the "premium" is 11.5 x 14 (inches).

Michael

Thanks for the suggestion, Michael. I must be one of the few remaining people on the planet who is not a member of Costco. The nice thing about Lulu.com is that they don't charge you anything to create a calendar on their website. You do of course have to pay when you order ones for yourself or other people. My main concern with Lulu is that they don't seem to have much of a customer base. In the past, I've promoted my calendars online -- through social media, blogs, widgets, etc. -- but have had few takers. Calendars are a tough sell, it seems.

Costco operates the same way, you upload images, create what you want and then pay for only what you order.

Can you market and sell your calenders through their website? On Lulu you set up an online "store" that you can use to sell your calendars.

John,

FAA has recently introduced iphone cases via their new website PIXELS.com. They say they will be introducing other products, including calendars, soon.

Thought it might be of interest to you.

Allan

Edit correcting spelling error.

Costco operates the same way, you upload images, create what you want and then pay for only what you order.

Can you market and sell your calenders through their website? On Lulu you set up an online "store" that you can use to sell your calendars.

No, Costco does not do that, purely a lab.

Redbubble give the option of making your own calendar and selling it through their website to their customers and you add your own mark-up to what ever you want

Massive customer base

Massive competition

Link below will take you to my bubble site where you can see calendars

They are excellent quality and can highly recommend them

Regards

Paul

No, Costco does not do that, purely a lab.

That's what I figured. There really isn't any money in selling calendars, but it's nice to have the option. You never know what might come along.

Redbubble give the option of making your own calendar and selling it through their website to their customers and you add your own mark-up to what ever you want

Massive customer base

Massive competition

Link below will take you to my bubble site where you can see calendars

They are excellent quality and can highly recommend them

Regards

Paul

Thanks, Paul. I'll check out Redbubble. I have a Fine Art America website, but they don't offer a calendar-making option, which is too bad because they also have a big customer base. Lulu lets you set your own markup. However I don't think people manage to sell much through them. Same with Blurb.

Hi John did you see my post higher up?

Allan

No, I hadn't, Allan. Thanks. Very interesting. I signed up for selling iphone cases at pixel.com but hadn't heard about calendars. The iphone cases seem pretty pricey to me, but then I don't now anything about the iworld. I wonder how much the calendars will cost. There is just so much people will be willing to pay.

I agree the cases seem a bit expensive but that is down to two things.

1 FAA base price, not the cheapest.

2 The amount each individual adds for the use of their "one off/unique" image being placed on the case.

The reason others cases are "cheap" is due to mass production. I have tried to come up with a reasonable add on price for my images to keep costs down but give a decent return.

If you go direct to the FAA site and log in there I believe calendars and other products are mention there which may be added in the future.

Allan

2 The amount each individual adds for the use of their "one off/unique" image being placed on the case.

The reason others cases are "cheap" is due to mass production. I have tried to come up with a reasonable add on price for my images to keep costs down but give a decent return.

If you go direct to the FAA site and log in there I believe calendars and other products are mention there which may be added in the future.

Allan

I believe the base price for an iphone case on FAA is $30. So if you add a 1/3 markup, which seems reasonable, you get a final price of $40. Are people willing to pay that much for these things? I notice that a lot of photographers are adding markups of under $5, which hardly seems worthwhile.

Allan

I believe the base price for an iphone case on FAA is $30. So if you add a 1/3 markup, which seems reasonable, you get a final price of $40. Are people willing to pay that much for these things? I notice that a lot of photographers are adding markups of under $5, which hardly seems worthwhile.

While others are adding 15/20 and even 30$

Allan

Allan

While others are adding 15/20 and even 30$

Allan

Yes, I noticed the big markups as well. I added a $9 markup for starters. Shall be surprised if there are any takers even at $39. But you never know. A lot of people seem to be seriously in love with their iphones.

Archived