How to submit images for news feeds?

Just add the headline and description into those in Lightroom (displayed under the IPTC Metadata section to the right of your image when displayed in Lightroom).

http://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-news-images/captions-headlines-dates-live-news-images/?section=3

By the way, if you're displaying IPTC metadata only the Headline and Description fields are clearly visible (below Content). That's the easiest way (to me at least).

If you display EXIF & IPTC metadata together then you won't see a Description field (at least I can't) so enter your description in the Caption field (under Title) - work's the same (and also puts it into the IPTC Description field). No doubt someone can explain that better but that's the way I look at it. 

8 minutes ago, Patrick Cooper said:

I'm having trouble locating the IPTC Metadata section in Lightroom (and yes, I'm looking to the right of the image.) Regardless, I think it might be too late to submit the photo to Live News. I guess I'll wait for the next news-worthy event to come along.. 

Next to 'Metadata' (to its left) you may have it showing 'default'. Change that to EXIF and IPTC if so.

2 hours ago, Patrick Cooper said:

I'm having trouble locating the IPTC Metadata section in Lightroom (and yes, I'm looking to the right of the image.) Regardless, I think it might be too late to submit the photo to Live News. I guess I'll wait for the next news-worthy event to come along.. 

Better to figure it out now than wait until you have news. It's the same info you need for the usual stock images, plus the headline field. The major difference is the upload route. News images have to be submitted within 24 hours so you won't have a lot of time to ask questions if you have problems.

3 hours ago, Patrick Cooper said:

I'm having trouble locating the IPTC Metadata section in Lightroom

In the right hand column you should see:

Histogram

Quick Develop

Keywording

Keyword List

Metadata

within Metadata there is another drop down menu;

chose:  IPTC

scroll down to:

Content