Hi from Nanaimo!

Ubhejane

Hi all! Firstly thanks for being part of this clearly involved and diverse community.

I'm a Nottinghamshire, UK native that got bored and upped sticks to the West Coast of Canada in search of adventure. I definitely found it and now and I take more pictures a day than there are minutes in the day - which is a cataloguing nightmare but I can live with that.

I've been lurking on Alamy for some time now and have been slowly adding photos to my portfolio but whilst I love taking pictures (wildlife and travel - how cliché!) I'm still a complete amateur when it comes to managing an online stock portfolio. I know I've got plenty of photos sitting around on hard drives that could be considered useful but I think I fall down with tagging and managing my uploads so I'll no doubt be picking all your brains.

Anyway, advice, discussion and criticism always appreciated.

Cheers!

Hi and welcome from a fellow West Coaster.  You have some lovely animal images. 

It's always a good idea to include the scientific names for animals (and plants) in your keywords, and possibly caption as well.

Maria

I agree that the scientific names are important and I have them in my captions as well as the keywords. Also, this image manager lets you put in phrases so your "panthera leo" would appear together when keywords show below your images in a search. Have fun loving those animals!

Paulette

On 11/6/2017 at 13:35, John Mitchell said:

Welcome and good luck from across the straits. I hadn't realized that there was so much exotic wildlife in the Nanaimo area. I'll have to get back over there sometime. B)

Yeah they don't tell the tourists about the lions and giraffes hiding in the forest ;)

You should come over - best bear sightings in Canada I reckon. I keep meaning to spend more time on the mainland - you have a lot more small mammals than we get on the island and there's a bobcat shaped gap in my photo collection :D

Archived