Supertags and normal tags - presentation in AIM

Gorilla Dave

In AIM, when reviewing tags on an image, it would be handy if they were presented in alphabetical order.
At the moment, we just see Supertags first, then normal tags.
How about…
Supertags first with…
- one word supertags in alphabetical order, followed by,
- multi-word supertags in alphabetical order

then Normal tags with…
- one word normal tags in alphabetical order, followed by,
- multi-word normal tags

Maybe just a sort between when the tags are retrieved and when they are presented on screen.

I don't like this idea because word order can be important but it would be useful to be able to temporarily see them in alphabetical order. I just tried to clean up the keywords on one of my older images and it was hard to find words I was looking for. Having the words in those boxes makes it more difficult to read what is there. I would also like to be able to change the order. When I was trying to move a word up to add to another it kept being combined with other words as I went. It really can drive a person crazy. How about just plain black text on a white background. (I've probably said this before).

Paulette

1 minute ago, wiskerke said:

May I recommend this one once more?

wim

Not sure how this would help.  You would have to sit and delete each and every tag in AIM individually before pasting in the new list, and since some tags need to be next to each other, how would you do that?  Is there a way?

Jill

16 minutes ago, Jill Morgan said:

Not sure how this would help.  You would have to sit and delete each and every tag in AIM individually before pasting in the new list, and since some tags need to be next to each other, how would you do that?  Is there a way?

Jill

Not really, if you want tags to sit next to each other. My guess is that's wrong: if they need to sit next to each other they should be one tag.

And key phrases don't need sorting. At least not alphabetically. (Does sorting has an influence at all? Probably not.)

However to just sort tags with one keyword alphabetically, that web page really works.

Copy all tags from AIM.

Paste in the upper box.

Click ABC Order.

Then click Original Order.

Now insert a comma or semicolon after each keyword or key phrase. (I use an intermediate document for that without any formatting.)

Copy all and paste into the Add new tags box in AIM.

wim

edit: I forgot the step in which you delete all tags in AIM before you paste the new tags.

Because of the stupid interface I want a button for that.

Now I have to click each tag a dozen times for it to vanish. With a pen. It may well work on an iPad with your fingers.

1 minute ago, wiskerke said:

Not really, if you want tags to sit next to each other. My guess is that's wrong: if they need to sit next to each other they should be one tag.

And key phrases don't need sorting. At least not alphabetically. (Does sorting has an influence at all? Probably not.)

However to just sort tags with one keyword alphabetically, that web page really works.

Copy all tags from AIM.

Paste in the upper box.

Click ABC Order.

Then click Original Order.

Now insert a comma or semicolon after each keyword or key phrase. (I use an intermediate document for that without any formatting.)

Copy all and paste into the Add new tags box in AIM.

wim

Doesn't really seem like a lot less work unless you have a couple of hundred tags, and again, you will still have to delete them one at a time.  Would it not take the same time to simply increase web page size and go through and delete extra words since you are still going to have to delete anyway?  I may try it and see which is the faster method.  I do still have some legacy images to go through, but generally I don't have hundreds of keywords in them, so not as big a problem as some.  Still, a simple button to alphabetize the tags would be best.

Jill

Archived