Releases for historical buildings

Hopefully a quick question, do I need releases from the owners to publish photos of historical and public buidings too? I have four series of pictures of architecture from four different towns, three late 19th/early 290th century and one medieval. I was hoping I could publish those photos here but there is absolutely no way I can identify and contact the owners of each and every house on the pictures.

You don't need releases if you want to sell your photos. Just tick the right boxes when it comes to property releases in the Image Manager. To be on the safe side, you can also make your images available for editorial purposes only. 

Buildings, historical or not, are owned by someone. If a particular building is featured then I make if RF and check “sell for editorial only” box.

If there are buildings, as in a city skyline without one particular building featured, I make it a RF and leave the  “sell for editorial only” box unchecked, so it can be sold for anything.

Archived