Jump to content

Recommended Posts

In Holland we call this a wherry, but on Alamy most wherries are Norfolk Wherries, which is a gaff rigged sailing boat.

Both are wide clinker-built hulls.

I would research skiff, maybe Thames skiff, and wherry to be sure what clients use when they are looking for a rowing boat.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agree - you will probably have to call them several names. Would have been easier if they were more recent rowing club  boats.


- and describe - or rather keyword - perhaps also: a double 2x coxed inrigger


- a single gig scull or boat - perhaps even gig-rigged boat -  (the swivel / swivellocks / oar locks are half way out compared to the outrigger and not on the gunwale as on the inrigger.




The terms are sometimes spelled with a hyphen, sometimes not. Except for clinker-built it may be more correct without - and there may even be local terms for these types.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.