Keywording on a mobile/smart phone

Hi all, I would like to be able to keyword from my phone during idle moments but, unfortunately, my iPhone does not permit me to do this as the screen display is all garbled and gibberish (Safari and Chrome browsers). Does anyone have a recommendation for a mobile phone that allows you to edit, add, delete keywords? It would save lots of time during those idle moments stuck on trains or when waiting in queues! MTIA. John :-)

I keyword in safari on an iPad with minimal problems, but it's still a bit of a pain. I just tried logging into my dashboard on my iPhone, but, of course, the stupid thing won't let me. I'd think it would be terribly frustrating adding keywords on an iPhone unless alamy improved their system and created a mobile app.

Thanks for replies. Reassuring to know that there isn't an easier way to do it. Talking of keywording, I found this useful extension to facilitate keyboard shortcuts in Google Chrome. Instead of having to repeatedly add Britain, British, England, English etc. to each photo all I now have to do it to type /bri into Chrome and it does the rest for me. Big time saver!

2 hours ago, Jansos said:

Thanks for replies. Reassuring to know that there isn't an easier way to do it. Talking of keywording, I found this useful extension to facilitate keyboard shortcuts in Google Chrome. Instead of having to repeatedly add Britain, British, England, English etc. to each photo all I now have to do it to type /bri into Chrome and it does the rest for me. Big time saver!

That's an interesting idea which led me to another way that doesn't require a browser plugin. With a Mac using Safari browser it's possible to use System Preferences>Keyboard>Text to set up similar replacements. I just set it up to replace /skye with Skye, Isle of Skye, Island of Skye, Scotland, UK

Mark

15 hours ago, ReeRay said:

Keywording on a phone shouldn't be too difficult for Alamy to implement. They've already a very simple and efficient version available on their alter ego site (S). 

Just a thought. 

It would be great if it were ported over to Alamy. Very restrictive in this day and age to have to be tied to a PC/tablet etc. Fingers crossed!

Archived