Can't search own portfolio

Wonder as to why I see only about 71 images using my name 'Anil Ghawana' as search string ?? Similarly, some of friends don't see any image(s) at all when they search their portfolio using their contributor name (the main pseudonym) as the search string !

All the replies above are perfectly fine, but earlier (about 3 months ago) I used to see my entire portfolio using my name "Anil Ghawana" as the search string. OK I have read the details at http://www.alamy.com...06/12/5376.aspx. At the same if you search for "Jeff Greenberg", you instantly see almost all his images (96,600 of 96,688). My own name shows only 73 images ... either it should show all, or none.

All the replies above are perfectly fine, but earlier (about 3 months ago) I used to see my entire portfolio using my name "Anil Ghawana" as the search string. OK I have read the details at http://www.alamy.com...06/12/5376.aspx. At the same if you search for "Jeff Greenberg", you instantly see almost all his images (96,600 of 96,688). My own name shows only 73 images ... either it should show all, or none.

Maybe Jeff adds his name to the keywords. Have you added your name to the keywords of just these 73 images? That may be the most likely answer...

Have a look at the searches how many clients in fact are searching for Jeff Greenberg.

Maybe there are searches on your name too. I was quite surprised to find that mine has been searched once.

My guess is that no client knows that photographers' names are excluded from regular searches.

wim

Were your 73 images uploaded to the Live News?  If so Alamy seems to add the copyright info to the caption so your name might be in there.

Pearl

Thanks for the feedback in the posts above. No I haven't added my name to the keywords of any of my images - not even to those 73 which do show up if my name is used for search phrase.

It is ALAMY that seems to add your name/pseudo - they have done that to mine at least.

Pearl

When this restyled forum was introduced, my link showed the wrong portfolio. I was advised to log out and back in again. Problem fixed, Why? Worth a try.

Rather like occasional odd behaviour on my Mac may be sorted by shutting down, REMOVING THE MAINS PLUG FOR 30 SECONDS, and firing up again. Aside from probably clearing the cache and cooling the hard drive, I'm not sure what I'm really doing to the system.

Just had a look and your name appears twice in the keywords for at least one of those images.

I checked B8KBWJ and keywords are:

"Tree; branch; patterns; Tree; branch; patterns; abstract; nature; blue; sky; naked; fall; anil; ghawana; Tree; branch; patterns; abstract; nature; blue; sky; naked; fall; anil; ghawana".

You must have forgotten you added it to certain shots!

Ian

Archived