Yesterday, a small print-run editorial RM sale popped up in my account, and I thought to myself that it was a fair amount (for both the buyer and me) for the particular usage. I decided to run the licensing info through the Alamy price calculator and much to my surprise the price given was an exact match, which was encouraging to see for a change.

How common (or rare) is this phenomenon these days?

Nice one, must have been a non account customer, who hasn't seen the discount codes flying around, buying directly on a credit card. 

I hadn't realised that Alamy supported discount codes, so I just did a quick search on "Alamy discount code" and was surprised to see offers all over the place. Are these genuine? Can customers really get 20-30% off? I suppose if the price starts from the calculator price it's not so bad. But aren't prices low enough anyway?

Nice one, must have been a non account customer, who hasn't seen the discount codes flying around, buying directly on a credit card.

I hadn't realised that Alamy supported discount codes, so I just did a quick search on "Alamy discount code" and was surprised to see offers all over the place. Are these genuine? Can customers really get 20-30% off? I suppose if the price starts from the calculator price it's not so bad. But aren't prices low enough anyway?

Yup, they're genuine enough alright - just tested one.

Not quite what I meant.

The point being is that this is a public forum.

I take your point, but I think that the fact that Alamy is proactively putting the coupons out there is probably a little more salient! The thread has been started to question this. Anyone that wants to take advantage of the situation is pretty unlikely to be led by me - they would merely try it for themselves (something that any commercial organisation is likely to do)!

Archived