I am thinking about joining 'Novel Use' on Alamy and wondered what types of sales members have experienced with this aspect of Alamy and whether members consider it a worthwhile additional option.

Thanks

My novel use sales from the past year amount to $78.86. Lowest NU fee I have had is $1, highest $6.66, which is higher than some regular sales. Most popular types of NU sales for me are food images.

It works for me although the prices are generally too low. Many contributors, however, have opted out and I understand that it is scheduled to be phased out.

Major downside is that it doesn't count towards your rating. I guess this means that Alamy don't rate NU sales either.

A further issue is that your images are out there, potentially for reuse, at a knock down price.

At the end of the day I see NU as incremental sales - no big deal - but something is better than nothing.

dov

Archived