Do buyers prefer images by the same photographer?

This month I have had 3 images sell that are obviously to the same buyer.  All are presentation sales.

Image one, the only one that was zoomed, was Toronto's Union Station platform with the GO train (a commuter train) in the station.

Second image very similar to first, but taken on the opposite platform and no train in the station.

Then today, a line up at Toronto's Pearson Airport.

I was wondering if the buyer, after liking the first image (it was the only one zoomed for their search which was commuters train station), searched within my portfolio to find similar images and style.  Certainly couldn't be a coincidence.

A first for me, never had an obvious purchase of more than one image from a buyer.  Does it happen to any of you guys often?

Jill

I did wonder that when I had four images in a calendar, which when searched wouldn't have appeared close together. I'd guess they'd selected the first zoomed image and then looked at the similar images offered up by Alamy?

The experienced buyers just might know how to routinely search a contributor's port if they like an image and hope to find others in the same vein. Many times where there's one of a subject, there are other views of it by the same contributor.

Am I all wet? :D

Good for you, Jill.

Betty

The experienced buyers just might know how to routinely search a contributor's port if they like an image and hope to find others in the same vein. Many times where there's one of a subject, there are other views of it by the same contributor.

Am I all wet? :D

Good for you, Jill.

Betty

That sounds like a plausible theory to me. I have a feeling that by now my collection would be a rotting hulk in Davy Jones' Locker if it weren't for return buyers.

Archived