Hello from the UK

Steve Hyde

Hi all,

I’m not exactly brand new to Alamy but new to the Forums. Although I’ve been a member for several years I’ve only taken up Stock Photography a bit more seriously over the last eighteen months or so. During that time I’ve increased my image total from around 50 to just over the 1000 mark now. A lot are old hobby pics of mine from the last few years but I’ve also started to take pictures with possible stock sales in mind. My sales have increased as a result so the plan is to continue to add to the collection.

I’m not sure why I’ve not dipped into the Forums before. They’re a great resource and full of good advice. I’ve taken on board some of that straight away and spent yesterday deleting similar images from some of the collections. The deleted images seem to have disappeared from my Dashboard but still appear in my Gallery for some reason.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to contributing and looking for more good advice and help along the way.

Steve

Welcome Steve,

I hope you have a good time with Alamy and the forums. We try to help anyone who comes onto the forums with questions. :)

Just had a quick look at some of your images in your port. Must say to beware of too many similars as in the fishermen on page five. you have about nine there where maybe four would be adequate.

Too many similars used to lower your ranking but not so sure now with the new SE. :wacko:

Allan

I’ve taken on board some of that straight away and spent yesterday deleting similar images from some of the collections. The deleted images seem to have disappeared from my Dashboard but still appear in my Gallery for some reason.

Alamy takes 180 days before removing the deleted images from the market.

All the best,

Sandro

Thanks guys. I tried to prune the fishermen and every other collection from the same shoot down to 3 or 4 images. I picked that up from some of the other help requests and advice in the forum. I'll have to wait for those to work their way out now but I'll certainly bear it in mind for future uploads.

Welcome Steve! You've a really nice port, I won't repeat what the others have said about too many similars, but I will say good luck and I hope you're successful! Any qquestions, just ask - we're a friendly bunch and will help where possible.

Archived