Occasionally, I've strayed over the 600 word count (usually when I've filed News and added the copyright details at the end), only realising this after upload.

So I've tried to edit the caption in MI but it seems locked and so cannot amend any part of the caption at that point. The errant files therefore end unceremoniously mid-sentence and minus the copyright/news credit.

Anyone else?

Rgds,

Richard.

Occasionally, I've strayed over the 600 word count (usually when I've filed News and added the copyright details at the end), only realising this after upload.

So I've tried to edit the caption in MI but it seems locked and so cannot amend any part of the caption at that point. The errant files therefore end unceremoniously mid-sentence and minus the copyright/news credit.

Anyone else?

Rgds,

Richard.

I've had this issue, when using Firefox as my browser.....

Switching browsers (to Safari) to work on these images eliminated the problem

km

Yes you are correct. Were the developers aware of this before release? If so, it should have been corrected. Firefox is an important and widely used browser.

In that case Alamy should definitely have a readily available bug list instead of contributors having to get answers on the forum, This is a moderately serious bug if contributors can't find the workaround which leaves image captions incomplete - moreover given the current importance of captions in the search engine.

Well I am indeed using Firefox so I'll try using Chrome.

But you're all right, this is a fairly primitive error for a well-used browser. A bug status report would be most welcome so users can at least understand what on earth they're trying to second-guess.

Thanks for all the pointers.

Rgds,

Richard.

Archived