In Alamy's blog about the new tools they state that the ftp upload route remains the same.

However, I've sent a few experimental reportage files this morning - first via my default ftp method (Archive_stock) which don't shown up as a submission - and then via the MI uploader (Reportage/archive) in which they show up immediately.

I've traditionally found FTP faster and more reliable though perhaps the new tools now make uploading more stable?

Rgds,

Richard.

In Alamy's blog about the new tools they state that the ftp upload route remains the same.

However, I've sent a few experimental reportage files this morning - first via my default ftp method (Archive_stock) which don't shown up as a submission - and then via the MI uploader (Reportage/archive) in which they show up immediately.

I've traditionally found FTP faster and more reliable though perhaps the new tools now make uploading more stable?

Rgds,

Richard.

It might be worth you checking some time later. My suspicion is that it will show up a little later.

Do you mean that subs appear without a reload? I have to reload IM to get subs to show, or to get them to show as passed, because I'm still not getting the QC pass emails. MI always took a while to register uploads.

Thanks for the tip- worth a try even if Filezilla is lightning fast. I would also have avoided last week's error of sending an archival batch to stock. Fortunately I got a bye for the inevitable QC fail.

Thanks Matt/Spacecadet.

The FTPd files have shown up now - but quite a while after the others via the Uploader.

I'm still not getting the QC pass emails

I don't think those emails are always sent, at least when I send anything via Stock, they only send one occasionally and long after I've worked on them.

Hi All

I normally use FTP because I have an unreliable connection I did try the new upload but it started before I was ready before you had to click an upload button .

Anyone else found this I think clicking the button to start gave you a second to think "is this the correct image to send"

Jon

Archived