According to the website Alexa, a greater percentage of visitors to Alamy are from the USA. Here is the partial breakdown.

USA - 22.5%

United Kingdom - 19.4%

Finland - 9.7%

Poland - 4.8%

India - 4.4%

Read what ever you may from these percentages, but It might be wise to see this stat reflected in the next rerank.

P.S. India and Poland I can understand. But why Finland?

Not much to do during those long winter evenings (5 months). 

This is worth knowing when keywording. Those not already misspelling theatre and colour had better get their act together.

Errrr....and a greater percentage of visitors to the USA are from abroad me reckons so!

Seriously though, I don't think Alamy are daft enough to base Alamy Rank on the Nationality or Location of the photographer, but quite rightly base it on the performance of our individual images.

:ph34r: Parm

Not much to do during those long winter evenings (5 months). 

This is worth knowing when keywording. Those not already misspelling theatre and colour had better get their act together.

Come to think of it, I seem to remember reading somewhere that everyone in Finland has free access to high-speed Internet service. That probably has something to do with the stats as well. Finns probably spend a disproportionate amount of time surfing the Web. Has anyone ever sold an image in Finland? Not me.

Here in Canada, we officially use British spellings -- colour, theatre, etc. -- but U.S. spellings are fairly common as well. I always include both in my keywords. However, if my experience is any indication, not many Canadian buyers use Alamy. Don't know what Alexa has to say about that.

I despise jingoism, but the USA is still No. 1 when it comes to image sales.

Go USA!

According to James West, US accounts for 60% of total revenue (if I remembered correctly). Yeah, way to go, USA! 

<_< Now, can we have our 10% back? :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I don't think Alamy are daft enough to base Alamy Rank on the Nationality or Location of the photographer, but quite rightly base it on the performance of our individual images.

:ph34r: Parm

I might be wrong but I think the suggestion was that more visitors from US means more interest in US based photography  with resulting boost in sales to US based photographers.

I'm just doubful that Alexa is a reliable measure. For one thing there are probably more Alexa toolbar users in the US so that alone skews the stats.

Archived