Good Morning

Kelv

Just saying hello, I have just discovered this site and am amazed by the stunning quality of work here, I am sure this will inspire me to learn more and improve the quality of my pictures.

Best wishes to all.

Your images are beautiful. Your captions should be very literal, not what you might name an image in a gallery. The purpose is to help someone find your image so they can see it and possibly buy it. So put as much information as possible about what is actually seen in the image.

Paulette

Your images are beautiful. Your captions should be very literal, not what you might name an image in a gallery. The purpose is to help someone find your image so they can see it and possibly buy it. So put as much information as possible about what is actually seen in the image.

Paulette

Thank you for the advice, was getting a little confused as to why items were not discoverable, work is needed :) 

I just found out there is a useful blog post on the subject now..... http://www.alamy.com/blog/tagging-images-on-alamy Thanks for responding to my suggestion. Sometimes new people seem to disappear after asking questions.

Paulette

Paulette, Thank you,  I am open for any suggestions as I really want to improve my photography, I have added more detail but doesn't appear to make any difference to the discoverability of my images..

I think it has been established that maximum "Discoverability" is only obtained by adding 40 or more tags, which is often unnecessary for many images. The D-word is a bit of a red herring: you have to remember that Alamy is a dotcom I.T. project, and their developers justify their existence by using phrases like "big data" and looking for new bells and whistles to incorporate. Adding inappropriate tags just to make up the numbers to get max D is likely to act against you in reality.

Just saying hello, I have just discovered this site and am amazed by the stunning quality of work here, I am sure this will inspire me to learn more and improve the quality of my pictures.

Best wishes to all.

Stunning pictures you have.

Thank you all for the lovely greeting, TeeCee I'm not sure I'll have a profitable time 42 images :) but this is giving me the kick and inspiration I needed to do something creative.

Archived