OS X Sierra

I upgraded from El Capitan to Sierra this afternoon. And, of course, I lost Topaz and Nik again.

I went to a forum where a lot of angst and hair-pulling was taking place.

There must have been at least 6 solves and how-tos that worked for a few, but not for others.

The first time I lost them, I simply went back to the companies and downloaded them again and it worked.

This time I just went back to my download folder and reinstalled them again. A simple fix. I didn't delete the download for just that reason!

Not sure if it works for Apple laptops. Thinking it should, but who knows. Some of the people on that forum were saying what worked on the desktops didn't work on the laptops.

So don't be afraid.

I'm still working with one of those animal nicknamed OS X . . . Puppy Dog, I think.

I was hesitant at doing the upgrade to Sierra but need not have worried. Downloaded in 30 minutes on a mobile connection '4G', then another 10-15 minutes to set up.

No problems. Even Topaz works on mine straight away.

Allan

EDIT:  BTW I was using "Mavericks" before the upgrade.

I upgraded to Sierra, when it became available, and it fixed a bug in El Capitan that came with my new imac. My new imac was freezing 4 or 5 times a day running El Capitan. El Capitan came with the machine. Apple played dumb about El Capitan and let that state of affairs run on for months.

Every piece of software I have runs fine using Sierra, but I do not have Topaz or Nik

If you are running El Capitan on an imac, be sure to upgrade.

I upgraded to Sierra, when it became available, and it fixed a bug in El Capitan that came with my new imac. My new imac was freezing 4 or 5 times a day running El Capitan. El Capitan came with the machine. Apple played dumb about El Capitan and let that state of affairs run on for months.

Coincidentally I see Apple have just released an update to El Capitan that may address the same issue? See here

"The OS X El Capitan Security Update 2016-003 Supplemental Update fixes a kernel issue that may cause your Mac to occasionally become unresponsive."

Haven't seen the problem myself, but will probably be updating to Sierra shortly (I particularly want the new "folders on top" option in Finder).

Thank heavens I didn't have any problems running El Capitan since I'm not good with figuring out how to fix problems. I'm surprised I overcame getting my plugins back where they needed to be.

I'm good with general problem solving until it comes to technology.

Archived