Greetings from London

Todor

Greetings from NW London! My name is Todor and although I have been with Alamy for a few years, now, I have not really been as succesful here as with other agencies.

It is 2017 and I am going to have to learn the Alamy way to succeed here. I am sure I have been going wrong somewhere along the way but am not really sure where! 

If you have any advice on what not to upload and where to focus my craft to get more sales here please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Todor

Greetings from NW London! My name is Todor and although I have been with Alamy for a few years, now, I have not really been as succesful here as with other agencies.

It is 2017 and I am going to have to learn the Alamy way to succeed here. I am sure I have been going wrong somewhere along the way but am not really sure where! 

If you have any advice on what not to upload and where to focus my craft to get more sales here please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Todor

Hi

There's nothing really wrong with your pictures or keywording, although I think you're partially overkeywording pictures. If it's not in the picture, don't keyword it (e.g., the olympic games related keywords on the picture showing a public transport map), and if it is not relevant or accurate, don't mention it either (e.g., the two cats "enjoying the sun", but they are in the shadow, and basically just irrelevant background of a bedroom picture).

So, if nothing is really wrong, why are you still not successful? It's very simple and is mentioned in oh so many "newbie looking for advice" treads already: In order to get regular sales, you just need more pictures. Upload a thousand or so and you will probably get regular sales.

Good luck, and don't get discouraged; it just takes time.

I'm not doing great either and wondering what I'm doing wrong.

Many of your pictures don't illustrate anything.

For example, you have some of a castle. What castle? Where? Who built it and when?

"Religious shrine". See above. What architectural style?

Thanks in advance.

Todor

Hi

There's nothing really wrong with your pictures or keywording, although I think you're partially overkeywording pictures. If it's not in the picture, don't keyword it (e.g., the olympic games related keywords on the picture showing a public transport map), and if it is not relevant or accurate, don't mention it either (e.g., the two cats "enjoying the sun", but they are in the shadow, and basically just irrelevant background of a bedroom picture).

So, if nothing is really wrong, why are you still not successful? It's very simple and is mentioned in oh so many "newbie looking for advice" treads already: In order to get regular sales, you just need more pictures. Upload a thousand or so and you will probably get regular sales.

Good luck, and don't get discouraged; it just takes time.

Thank you for the reply. I have looked at the images I have and, yes, there are too many keywords, there. So that is one thing which I will be looking to be careful with.

I appreciate the advice and look forward to uploading more and more here and see what happens - for the positive of course! 

Kind regards,

Todor

Archived