Customer keyword searching - image returned - not sure why?

Re image: DA6GX8

Any advice on why this image was displayed to a customer who used the following search term:

"black businessman uk"

Keywords used:

Yes - I used the keywords: businessman, UK

Yes - I have use the keywords:  "black and white" "black & white" b&w bw

Question: how should I have key-worded this image to indicate that the image is "black & white", and not a black businessman.

Thanks for any advice.

Tony

Unfortunately none of the word grouping ideas have ever been implemented. Maybe move the words black and white into comprehensive keywords (if they are not there anyway). I wouldn't worry about a few false hits. Having  "businessman" in your keywords alone  for that picture will give you plenty of views from customers who are looking for something quite different anyway.

I think the idea is "young businessman" or "future businessman" -  it's a good concept IMO but the majority would be looking for men in suits.

Yeah you're probably right. Probably better to leave it out of the keywords and use it in the lower ranked caption?

I use the " " in many of my images. So were not supposed to? I'm confused, as Alamy states when we should use them. BTW Tony, I use [  ] around Black and White not "  ", though not sure that is the correct thing to do since I'm new also. But I thought " " meant the exact use in search whereas [  ] would use the words kind of independently.

I use the " " in many of my images. So were not supposed to? I'm confused, as Alamy states when we should use them. BTW Tony, I use [ ] around Black and White not " ", though not sure that is the correct thing to do since I'm new also. But I thought " " meant the exact use in search whereas [ ] would use the words kind of independently.

James said as much on MSG that those features are not working but may someday be. However this seems to be the case for many years now. They need to take that page down on Alamy where it explains their system works like that

http://www.microstockgroup.com/alamy-com/do-you-want-to-ask-the-alamy-ceo-a-question/msg325652/#msg325652

the full set of additional annotation options are not live at the moment but it doesn't mean they never will be.

Archived