In PS, what does "one hidden" mean?

I'm working on a folder of images, and in the folder where my jpegs for uploading is, I looked at the number shown at bottom left.  It gives the number of files but says "one hidden".  What does that mean and how can I see the hidden file?

<scratching head> :unsure:

Betty

Thanks, Webby.

I hadn't come across the hidden file problem in a long time. I think in the early years of shooting Nikon, I saw it quite often but never had a clue how I could be hiding a file, lol. It really made me doubt my skills.

I know you have a Mac, but in Windows you go to Control Panel> Appearance > Folder options > View tab > Advanced setting and choose "Show hidden files".

Here is a link for how to do it on a Mac. http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/how-show-hidden-files-in-mac-os-x-finder-funter-3520878/

Jill

I'm working on a folder of images, and in the folder where my jpegs for uploading is, I looked at the number shown at bottom left.  It gives the number of files but says "one hidden".  What does that mean and how can I see the hidden file?

<scratching head> :unsure:

Betty

I treat the Camera RAW is usually specified in the settings, the accompanying ".xmp" file is saved when you convert into gpeg
it will not be displayed.

Okaaay, looked at that Jill. Frankly scares the bejabbers out of me. Sounds like I could seriously mess up my computer if I do something wrong.

Although I'm wondering if the Kapersky pop ups source I can't get rid of is there. It's sure not anywhere I can find.

By the way, don't subscribe to Kapersky virus checker and then quit it. You'll be plagued with pop ups trying to get you to renew until you are in your grave. Not just one of them, but 3 stacked on top of each other every time you boot up.

I think I'll just believe what Ian is saying and that the hidden file isn't worthy of my notice.

Hi Chuck,

Betty's working on a folder of jpegs. The .xmp files are only attached to the .RAW file. There would also be more than one hidden in a folder full of images. XMP files show up in Finder.

Another thought, are you using Lightroom? Not sure, but that could also leave an index file in each folder.

Webby

Hi Chuck,

Betty's working on a folder of jpegs. The .xmp files are only attached to the .RAW file. There would also be more than one hidden in a folder full of images. XMP files show up in Finder.

Another thought, are you using Lightroom? Not sure, but that could also leave an index file in each folder.

Webby

Yes! I developed the shoot through LR from Fuji raw. When done, I saved the jpegs to a separate folder for uploading. It was this folder full of jpegs I opened to see how many I had, and saw the "one hidden" message.

Archived