Hello from India

Nilanjan

Hi everyone!

I am a wildlife and nature photographer from India, with special fascination for big cats, Himalayas and roadtrips. Joined Alamy a few days back, and have uploaded and keyworded my initial batch of photos. 

Have a coupe of Qs: 

1. It has been a couple of days since the initial images went on sale, but views still show zero. Is there anything I can do regarding this?

2. For wildlife photos, is it a better to go for Rights Managed instead of Royalty Free?

I am not very sure that stock photography is suitable for wildlife, but let's see how things go :-)

Sorry but you have 4 images in a pool of over 88,000,000 and you are expecting views so soon?

Be patient and build your portfolio. You may start getting views when you reach 150 images. Could be less, possibly more.

Allan

+ what Ed says.

Welcome, Nilanjan

I don't have a good answer to either of your questions, but I do have an important suggestion: include each animal's Latin name in your Essential keywords.

An Irish setter in India -- nice.  :)

Thanks for the tip. I had put scientific names for the more interesting creatures, will do so for all of them. 

Yes, that's an Irish Setter. I had two of them :-)

Sorry but you have 4 images in a pool of over 88,000,000 and you are expecting views so soon?

Be patient and build your portfolio. You may start getting views when you reach 150 images. Could be less, possibly more.

Allan

+ what Ed says.

Thanks for responding. I have a few more now, but point taken.

Do fine art type wildlife/nature photography do well at Alamy? 

Hello Nilanja,

If you are going to make fine art pictures it would be better and more profitable to go with a POD site like Fine Art America among others.

As far as wildlife/nature goes some do well and others don't.

Allan

There are wonderful and well known photographers here who probably get most of the sales for beautiful animal images. Check out Steve Bloom and Martin Harvey. You may get sales for animal behavior or a clear image suitable for a textbook.

Paulette

Hello Nilanja,

If you are going to make fine art pictures it would be better and more profitable to go with a POD site like Fine Art America among others.

As far as wildlife/nature goes some do well and others don't.

Allan

Thank  you, Allan

There are wonderful and well known photographers here who probably get most of the sales for beautiful animal images. Check out Steve Bloom and Martin Harvey. You may get sales for animal behavior or a clear image suitable for a textbook.

Paulette

Thanks, Paulette. Very nice photos of African wildlife.

Just had a quick look at your shots, love GW3WFR, great photo.

As has been said, you will probably need many more images up for sale before your start to get views, zooms and, eventually sales, but you never know, part of the pain and joy of Alamy is nothing happening followed by the unexpected.

I notice that you appear to be completing the description field in some detail. Nothing wrong in that, and, in some cases, very necessary, but be aware that it is not included when a customer searches for an image, and will only be seen if they zoom one of your shots. If you do get on board the treadmill of uploading 1000's of photos, you might find it too time consuming to do this for every image.

• 2 months later...

Archived