Can anyone advise me how many keywords to use as i have added a few keywords, but the don't appear to be reconised as alamy are asking me to add keywords before the images can be made ready for sale...confusing.

Check out the keywords that you think may be appropriate to your pis and then do a search to see what comes up. This may help you ensure that you only use relevant words that buyer may use. If you use a scatter gun approach you may end up coming up on too many unsuitable searches which will undermine your ranking. At the end of the day it is a balancing act.

dov

Can anyone advise me how many keywords to use as i have added a few keywords, but the don't appear to be reconised as alamy are asking me to add keywords before the images can be made ready for sale...confusing.

You have probably missed something. Along the top when you are keywording you will see red arrows for the sections where you are missing something. When you have what is needed the arrow turns green. A common place to miss a question is in the Attributes section. Alamy's guidelines for keywording are very good so definitely look at them carefully.

Paulette

One question about keywords. Lets say I have a photo that is a side view of something. Adding the keywords one by one - side view - is too general. Draw it together in one word sideview doesnt make much sense either. Will quote marks "side view" work for this purpose, so that the keyphrase only generates a it when a user really does a search where the phrase side view is desired`?

Archived