Credit where credits due.

mickfly

The latest vlog is explaining how to credit photographers, surely picture editors/buyers don't need to be told this essential information, do they, and, isn't it part of the licence terms already?

Oops, I missed an apostrophe on the title and can't change it!

Based on frustrating, frequent lack of photographer credit where credit is due, I welcome any and all vlog, blog, sky writing... explaining how to credit photographers.

Based on frustrating, frequent lack of photographer credit where credit is due, I welcome any and all vlog, blog, sky writing... explaining how to credit photographers.

I think that Alamy should charge a nominal fee, say £500, against each picture editor that does not place full accreditation with the image being used. They would soon start to do their job properly. Of course we would be looking at a 75/25 split in favour of the photographer.

Allan

Buyers don't see vblogs. The information and requirements should be attached to the sales details/docs at least for a period, and distributors should be notified especially.

Hear hear.

No sarcasm at all  :mellow: Just couldn't find it. But I did in the meanwhile  ^_^ Nicely hidden though. Wonder how many clients will spot it  :huh:

Cheers,

Philippe

Going by the number of views and subscribers, barely anyone is aware of it. They need to make it a lot more professional, IMHO, then promote it (if they don't already somewhere).

Geoff.

It's similar to their Twitter feed and Facebook page.... almost zero interest or interaction, due to almost zero promotion, or enthusiasm!

It would be a miracle if clients watch these videos and also start adding our credit info by the used images... Lots of work to be done by Alamy to fix the issue and bring it back like it used to be and like it should be again... So far, only naive wishes.

In this place I must admit that I was fighting for a long time to focus Alamy on this but ... had to give up with no results. I got promised it will be fixed and nothing is done.

Archived