Locating ALL images by a contributor

Hi folks !
How do I possibly locate ALL the images of a contributor, across all pseudonyms, if any ?
Thanks in advance.
Kumar

1. I have tried putting the complete name in the 'Advanced Search' panel.
2. I have attempted even a cross-browser search.
3. Due cache clearing has been undertaken as well.
4. I'm not even able to search my own images using the  'Advanced Search' panel.
5. I do see quite a few of my images (not all though) if I place my major pseudonym in the  'Advanced Search' panel

Have your tried putting their name in the Photographer field on advanced search?

Phil

Yup, indeed, but the full name of the contributor doesn't show all the images ! Probably not the ones included in some pseudonyms. Thanks.

If the contributor is on this forum you should be able to see all images by clicking the image number under the avatar and name to the left, as far as I know.

Yes, that sure would hv been easy. But he isn't a forum member here ! Thanks.

I'm a little surprised that Phil's suggestion of searching the Photographer field in advance search doesn't work as expected. It certainly works correctly for me using my own name, returning all the images I have across four pseudos. I can't shed any light on this oddity, only to say it seems to work OK for me.

I'm a little surprised that Phil's suggestion of searching the Photographer field in advance search doesn't work as expected. It certainly works correctly for me using my own name, returning all the images I have across four pseudos. I can't shed any light on this oddity, only to say it seems to work OK for me.

Thats why I suggested it.

I have 3 pseudos and they all come up when searching like that.

Phil

I'm myself surprised, as I distinctly remember I myself used to search individual contributors' images just THAT way only ! Thanks.

Curiouser and curiouser. I won't say whose names I've searched, but in a couple of cases I got a result in line with the number shown in their forum entry, in two other cases the returned images numbered thousands less than that figure. Odd.

Curiouser and curiouser. I won't say whose names I've searched, but in a couple of cases I got a result in line with the number shown in their forum entry, in two other cases the returned images numbered thousands less than that figure. Odd.

I'm not even able to search my own images using the  'Advanced Search' panel.

I do see quite a few of my images (not all though) if I place my major pseudonym in the  'Advanced Search' panel

It only works if you use your name as part of all your pseudos...it doesn't work if you use words/names which are not common to all pseudos. The advanced search seems only to be making the pseudonym searchable, not the same as the link we have to all our images in the forum.

It only works if you use your name as part of all your pseudos...it doesn't work if you use words/names which are not common to all pseudos. The advanced search seems only to be making the pseudonym searchable, not the same as the link we have to all our images in the forum.

Ah! Light dawns. Thank you for being the bringer of enlightenment.

Thanks Geoff Kidd ... what you say seems to explain the matter clearly. 

Kumar, I would love to be able to see all the images on Alamy shot by a given photographer - even if they're under pseudos or from sub-agents - but that would be a huge breech of confidentiality. I'm wishing, but not even thinking of asking.

Kumar, I would love to be able to see all the images on Alamy shot by a given photographer - even if they're under pseudos or from sub-agents - but that would be a huge breech of confidentiality. I'm wishing, but not even thinking of asking.

Brian, I had initially thought that the use of pseudonyms was probably meant just to create 'categories of sorts' within a contributor's portfolio, especially as 'categories' were never used by Alamy for searches (pardon me and correct me if I'm wrong). Now, the seeming inability of general searches to penetrate the 'pseudonyms' makes it apparent that it may well be quite intentional to let some images lurk (from generalized search) within the 'pseudonyms'. But pseudonymys are still being penetrated - once here in the forum (blue numbered links), and once while a syntax is used in the "My Alamy Homepage" link - available only to the contributor from within his account. Now, it sure seems, that for all members NOT participating in this forum, it may sure be a breach of confidentiality if we are able to access their pseudonym's content ! That is not my purpose either. Cheers !

Archived