I am confused: over 600 pics and no sales at all

On the other hand I will say that spending

ten years scanning, retouching and captioning images for Alamy's QC has made me a much better

digital photographer.  Alamy is a useful tool, not a way to make a lot of money.  In my opinion it is

one of the few libraries left in the world that does a real job of both photographers and weekend contributors.

Agree. I wasn't much of a photographer when I joined Alamy in 2009, A mountain of knowledge and experience has been added since.

On the other hand I will say that spending

ten years scanning, retouching and captioning images for Alamy's QC has made me a much better

digital photographer.  Alamy is a useful tool, not a way to make a lot of money.  In my opinion it is

one of the few libraries left in the world that does a real job of both photographers and weekend contributors.

Agree. I wasn't much of a photographer when I joined Alamy in 2009, A mountain of knowledge and experience has been added since.

I wasn't much of a photographer when I joined in 2008, but as you say knowledge and experience added since and I am still not much of a photographer. :wacko:

Allan

It seems as though some people have misunderstood me here. To reiterate and to be clear: I have NEVER, ever said that I think that there is no market for pictures from Brazil on Alamy. All I said is that, in the last year, there have been no searches on Alamy for the keyword Itaipava, in Brazil. My intention was simply to give an example of how you can have pictures online that do not sell because no one is looking for them. Then someone came on board and pursued to tell me where I can sell pictures of Brazil if I want to and others interpreted that as my  having said that those pictures don't sell.

I actually have very few pictures of Brazil in my port.

I do not discourage tourists from coming here, but I do not encourage them to come either. I don't really care if people come here or not. But rest assured, a lot of things have been simplified to welcome tourists during the Olympic games, for instance visas are not required in advance from citizens of many countries during the events ,and a for period before and after. 

I do come here every year because that's where I come from, have family here, and quite frankly, enjoy my home town quite some. And when I am here, I take pictures. They may sell eventually, or not, but they are not my reason to come here.

Hope this clarifies things.

So a foreigner can't book transport and hotels in Brazil? Extraordinary.

Maybe they have had their Brexit long ago.

wim

Now is my turn to ask what Brexit means.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_withdrawal_from_the_European_Union

wim

You are a bit right, in the old days of the military government, Brazil closed itself from the world.

Its been a very slow opening process since than, but somethings remain even 30 years later.

Its very hard to open a foreign subsidiary company in Brazil, for instance, very hard to immigrate, hard to open a bank account if you are a foreigner, the list goes on.

PS: wow, the vote is next 26th of June for the Brexit! How are the polls? I hope you guys keep being a part of the European Unit.

I was invited on a press trip to Brazil a few years ago, but the process involved for getting a visa was so slow and complicated (not to mention expensive) that I ran out of time and ended up not being able to go, which was a real disappointment since I was very excited about the opportunity. Hopefully things have improved since then. Mind you, it apparently wasn't easy for Brazilians to get visas to visit Canada either. I'm not sure if that is still the case.

I've been twice to Canada, it is bit bureaucratic to take a Visa, but nothing that complicated.

Sorry that you didnt manage to come here

wim

wim

You are a bit right, in the old days of the military government, Brazil closed itself from the world.

Its been a very slow opening process since than, but somethings remain even 30 years later.

Its very hard to open a foreign subsidiary company in Brazil, for instance, very hard to immigrate, hard to open a bank account if you are a foreigner, the list goes on.

PS: wow, the vote is next 26th of June for the Brexit! How are the polls? I hope you guys keep being a part of the European Unit.

I was invited on a press trip to Brazil a few years ago, but the process involved for getting a visa was so slow and complicated (not to mention expensive) that I ran out of time and ended up not being able to go, which was a real disappointment since I was very excited about the opportunity. Hopefully things have improved since then. Mind you, it apparently wasn't easy for Brazilians to get visas to visit Canada either. I'm not sure if that is still the case.

I've been twice to Canada, it is bit bureaucratic to take a Visa, but nothing that complicated.

wim

wim

Unfortunately, Canada and Brazil haven't had very good diplomatic relations in recent years. Perhaps the situation has improved somewhat now. There are plenty of Brazilian ESL students and tourists in Vancouver. I'm still hoping to get down your way one of these years.

Deleted - Decided to keep my nose out.  :)

Geoff.

I can read minds, you know  ;) I was thinking the same  :D LOL  :lol:

Cheers,

Philippe

With thanks not least to Dara Ó Briain, I think I had the same laugh  :D

wim

wim

Unfortunately, Canada and Brazil haven't had very good diplomatic relations in recent years. Perhaps the situation has improved somewhat now. There are plenty of Brazilian ESL students and tourists in Vancouver. I'm still hoping to get down your way one of these years.

That I didnt know John, but we are in between governments now, the impeachment process running on the government party and the vice president had to assume the presidency. Diplomacy has changes widely right at the first week, let´s see if Brazil and Canada can get along better now hopefully. Have some friends living in Vancouver BTW.

Archived