Should I upload releases for pictures of myself?

Hi there,

I am super new to this whole thing and I've looked all over the website for an answer to this question but am yet to find anything.

I travel solo a lot, so most of my pictures are going to just be of myself. I was wondering if I would need to upload a release signed by me if I wish to sell my pics RF? Obviously, I'm giving permission for the pic to be sold but I wondered if buyers would still want that assurance in the form of a Release?

Hi there,

I am super new to this whole thing and I've looked all over the website for an answer to this question but am yet to find anything.

I travel solo a lot, so most of my pictures are going to just be of myself. I was wondering if I would need to upload a release signed by me if I wish to sell my pics RF? Obviously, I'm giving permission for the pic to be sold but I wondered if buyers would still want that assurance in the form of a Release?

Those pictures of yourself you mentioned, are they selfies, i.e., pictures you took yourself, or are they pictures of you taken by someone else for you? Note that in the latter case you are probably not the copyright owner of the pictures, as the copyright belongs to the author, not the camera owner.

Exception: If the pictures of you have been taken by a Celebes crested macaque, then he doesn't own the copyright. At least not in the US. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_selfie  ;)

Archived