Classic car ID help please

Well done finding that Geoff. I won't even ask how you found that. It looks like it's traveled a bit. :) Cheers Geoff.

He searched lxn652. 5th. result

I can't get that image on the fifth result. In fact first time I checked before posting I didn't see anything relative. Maybe I introduced a typeo. 

If you don't find it on Google you can always take the first step of paying the daily congestion charge for London (UK registered cars only) at: https://congestioncharging.tfl.gov.uk/b/pb/provideVRM.facesYou do NOT need to log into an account.

In this case doesn't give the model but it often does.  Particularly useful for modern cars that "all look the same".

Just another spanner/wrench in the toolbox.

Mike

there are better ones than the london page, the AA and RAC in uk both do one,

and this even tells you when the cars last date of liability is (eg when its road tax is due / ran out). and engine info (fuel type) etc

im on lots of car forums (another hobby) and lots of people ask if their old car is around still etc, and people screenshot these to show them.

eg if a car hasnt got tax, for some classic cars its usual to only tax for the "show season" but if tax is years out, its probably dead.

Or try a car parts or an MoT (Halfords, KwikFit) web site, they ask for the reg no and usually show the model. For cars at least, possibly not the same for commercial vehicles above 3tonnes (Class 7 and up)

Just checked and it probably only works for those cars that need MoT, post 1976? Did not recognise the OP's query

Or try a car parts or an MoT (Halfords, KwikFit) web site, they ask for the reg no and usually show the model. For cars at least, possibly not the same for commercial vehicles above 3tonnes (Class 7 and up)

Just checked and it probably only works for those cars that need MoT, post 1976? Did not recognise the OP's query

DVLC site as was, now gov.uk

Registration number: LXN 652
✔ Taxed

Tax due: 01 May 2016

MOT

Exempt

If you have just purchased this vehicle, you must tax it even if it shows as taxed above. Vehicle tax cannot be transferred from keeper to keeper.

If you have taxed, made a SORN or had an MOT it can take up to 5 days for these details to be shown above.

You can check with your bank/building society to confirm your payment was successful.

If you have a valid paper MOT certificate this is proof that the vehicle has been tested.

Vehicle details

• Vehicle make SINGER
  • Date of first registration 20 July 1983 (!- presumably restored and retaxed)
  • Year of manufacture 1951
  • Cylinder capacity (cc) 1074cc
  • CO₂Emissions Not available
  • Fuel type PETROL
  • Vehicle status Tax not due
  • Vehicle colour BLUE
  • Vehicle type approval Not available
  • Wheelplan 2 AXLE RIGID BODY

Archived